Offline Scan. Or Closest Thing To It.

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

I just got the license and am new to this AV. I allowed ecmd.exe access to exploit protection files in windows defender, but there were four files that weren't allowed access once I ran an in-depth scan. I would like to scan this entire computer. When the pop-ups say a process was allowed it means those files weren't one of the four?  

Side note: What other anti-spyware or any other device security programs would improve my security? I never access an unsecured website on this device. Also, no explicit material of any sort.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Havokry said:

When the pop-ups say a process was allowed

Not sure what you mean, please post a screenshot for clarification.

As for using a second opinion scanner, it's ok to use it in tandem with ESET (or any other 3rd party AV) as long as you keep its real-time protection disabled and other drivers not loaded either.

I didn't take that good of a screenshot. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Inside the slider bars to the left it says allowed. I think it was "process was allowed". 

This shows up fairly often every day. Same "3793e" number for file location every time.

repeatedlyallowedalrt.png

21 hours ago, New_Style_xd said:

Because ESET does not have an offline scanner like AVAST and Microsoft Defender antivirus.
that already comes this option just restart the computer and do the scanning?

On the other hand, Eset has an online scanner: https://www.eset.com/us/home/online-scanner/ , that some have posted in the forum they prefer over Eset's internal on-demand scanner. 

9 hours ago, itman said:

Por outro lado, a Eset tem um scanner online: https://www.eset.com/us/home/online-scanner/ , que alguns postaram no fórum que preferem ao scanner interno sob demanda da Eset.  

But Eset online does not detect virus that it scans at windows startup. like avast does and Windows Security - Defender

• Administrators

The purpose of startup scans is to detect possible malware running in memory or registered in the system to start automatically as early as possible after update that adds detection or to detect fileless malware automatically without the need to run an on-demand scan manually. This ensures any any recognized malware is detected and cleaned as soon as possible after adding detection.