Agents pointing to new server.

• Most Valued Members

Having fubar'd my V8 server, I opted to install V9 anew.

This new v9 system is on the same system as the v8 one, so in theory,  agents (pointing to the same IP but expecting the v8-server response) would complain/not connect with the new server.   I'm not sure how the new server will react, I'm just hoping it'll show 'rogue' computers.

I'm unsure how to proceed forth.   It seems as if I *always* hit this issue whenever I do an upgrade.  What I would eventually do is go through each system, run esetuninstaller  and have the GroupPolicy get applied when the system boots up.

So what I'd like to know is what I'm doing (running Esetuninstaller) the only way of doing this?

I apologize for being an idiot.

Thanks!

Edmund

PS: Would it be possible if there is a future setting in the Agent such that the administrator can set up a 'password' so that even if the certificates between the agent and the server are different, if this 'shared' password is the same,  the Agent will then grab the new set of certificates? 

• Most Valued Members

Having spent a few hours figuring this out, I realized that while I *could* use GPO to add a new Software Package install to upgrade the current 8.x agent, it doesn't seem to work if the server that the 8.x agent  expects isn't the same one as v9.

So what I ended up doing was to delete the old GPO software installation package and create a new one with the updated install_config.ini file.

(just fyi, and posting it here just in case in the near future I or someone else encounters the same thing.)

Edmund

• Administrators

In order to upgrade agent and ESET PROTECT server, send an "ESET PROTECT component upgrade task" to endpoints / server.

If you have ESET PROTECT running on a Windows server, you may want to run the all-in-one ESET PROTECT installer to upgrade also 3rd party components, such as Tomcat.

• Most Valued Members

Ah thanks Marcos.  I didn't realize that also applied to the Linux server.   Which is why I followed the 'upgrade' link

Edmund