After my above posting for today, I did the following.

I have noticed recent a lot of Win 10 compattelrunner.exe activity at first system startup. Also large downloads occurring; 50 - 60 MB. So I told Windows to delete my diagnostic history.

When Firefox started, I did the Ctl+F5 key bit to clear Firefox cache.

Since then Firefox memory consumption hasn't went above 40 MB.

Edited by itman

• ESET Insiders
20 hours ago, New_Style_xd said:

You are looking in the wrong place. go to the details tab

This comes down to the same thing, because Ram consumption remains Ram consumption, whether under processes, or under details, but see for yourself.

Eset Speicherauslastung.JPG

Eset Ram Verbrauch Prozesse.JPG

Edited by SlashRose

1 hour ago, SlashRose said:

This comes down to the same thing, because Ram consumption remains Ram consumption, whether under processes, or under details, but see for yourself.

Eset Speicherauslastung.JPG

Eset Ram Verbrauch Prozesse.JPG

probably because firefox is closed, because the tests that everyone did here were with firefox open, and it was more than 200MB in the vast majority of cases.

• ESET Insiders

For me memory consumption increases during Firefox usage. Usually when I open browser and I browse to few sites, for a moment ekrn.exe uses 100% CPU and over 1 GB of memory. It happens only for a second or two and then CPU falls to normal level and memory usage to about 240 MB. It stays that way even when I close Firefox and it returns back to about 50 MB sometimes later (didn't figure out when or why decrease happens).

2 hours ago, itman said:

Well on my Eset installation, Eset Service is staying at approx. 40 MB, So it appears the issue has been resolved for me.

Well, it just jumped to over 220 MB again!

Reflecting on my system activity just recently, guess what? I opened a B&PP session ....................

52 minutes ago, itman said:

Well, it just jumped to over 220 MB again!

Reflecting on my system activity just recently, guess what? I opened a B&PP session ....................

When firefox closes, it should go back to consuming only 40MB but it is not returning to normal.
Do you have any idea what it is in more detail?

1 hour ago, New_Style_xd said:

When firefox closes, it should go back to consuming only 40MB but it is not returning to normal.
Do you have any idea what it is in more detail?

This time when I opened B&PP via Firefox, I did a Ctrl+F5 key combo to clear its cache. Note that FF in B&PP uses a separate profile from normal FF. This time upon closing B&PP, Eset Service memory returned back to approx. 40 MB.

Hope this finally fixed this memory bugger issue with Eset Service.

Edited by itman

29 minutes ago, itman said:

This time when I opened B&PP via Firefox, I did a Ctrl+F5 key combo to clear its cache. Note that FF in B&PP uses a separate profile from normal FF. This time upon closing B&PP, Eset Service memory returned back to approx. 40 MB.

Hope this finally fixed this memory bugger issue with Eset Service.

What remains and waits for this fix.

• ESET Insiders

Another info. If I disable protocol filtering for Firefox, I can't reproduce problem any more.

Well it's not a big problem for me to be honest...

Edited by Minimalist

• Administrators

If you are able to reproduce it, please carry on as follows:

- enable memory tracing under Tools -> Diagnostics in the advanced setup and click OK
- enable advanced operating system logging under Tools -> Diagnostics in the advanced setup and click OK
- launch Firefox and reproduce the higher memory usage
- quit Firefox
- after ~30s disable adv. OS logging
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector and provide the generated archive.

10 hours ago, Minimalist said:

Try going to this site and see if RAM consumption will increase on your system: https://siol.net/

It always does on my system.

Confirmed.

Eset Service memory increases from < 40 MB to > 220 MB.  Also, its memory usage does not decrease when Firefox is closed.

1 minute ago, itman said:

Confirmed.

Eset Service memory increases from < 40 MB to > 220 MB.  Also, its memory usage does not decrease when Firefox is closed.

Glad it was confirmed, when will the fix for this bug come?

On 2/7/2022 at 12:46 PM, itman said:

Confirmado.

A memória do Eset Service aumenta de < 40 MB para > 220 MB. Além disso, seu uso de memória não diminui quando o Firefox é fechado.

Good afternoon, the newest version of FIREFOX just came out, I updated it.

image.png.9749087fa72de279636ec4fcfa2984a4.png

It still consumes >200MB.

image.png.31a725d4ee659847dedb6f4df899a438.png

When will a fix for this issue come out?

3 hours ago, New_Style_xd said:

Good afternoon, the newest version of FIREFOX just came out, I updated it.

This might be the culprit.

After seeing your posting, I forced the Firefox update to ver. 97.0 within Firefox. After FF restarted, it still was using approx. 40 MB.

Shortly afterwards and with Firefox open, Eset pushed a signature update. Immediately afterwards, I checked Eset Service memory usage and it increased to approx. 220 MB.

Could the problem be an Eset signature update w/FF in use? Or more likely, any/select background process that starts up with Firefox running?

It gets better. When I closed Firefox, Eset Service memory usage dropped back to approx. 40 MB. Could this issue be now resolved? Was the problem all along FF ver. 96.0.3?

Edited by itman