Policy Not Applying

T3chGuy007
Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hello.  I updated our client policy this morning, but I have several devices that do not reflect the changes.  The clients show last connected within the past minute and when I go into the details of it in ESET PROTECT and go to Configuration->Applied Policies, the status shows "Actual".  I remoted into the client and verified that the policy change is not present.  I've rebooted a couple of PCs, but this does not help.  Is there a reason why some client PCs are not getting the latest policy change even though they show recently connected and show the policy is up-to-date?  Thanks!

EDIT:  All of my clients are running EES 9.0.2032.6 and my ESET PROTECT is ESET PROTECT (Server), Version 9.0 (9.0.1141.0), ESET PROTECT (Web Console), Version 9.0 (9.0.138.0)

Edited by T3chGuy007
Added PC/Server versions.

• Administrators

I can't think of a reason why a policy would not be applied. What settings are set by the policy? Did you try to enforce the settings by selecting the red flash icon instead of the blue dot?

The only changes that I made were in regards to Application statues.  Our license is expiring soon and users were receiving warnings that the license is expiring soon and all the clients in ESET PROTECT turned yellow.  I wanted to disable that, so I unchecked the options below.  Most of my clients got the updated policy, but several did not.

I went back into the policy and changed it to the red flash icon and I think this fixed my issue.  The clients that were not updated before, now show correct in ESET PROTECT.  Thanks!

Capture.PNG.5e0a895fec4e581d4311987850f0e3e2.PNG

• Administrators
  • Solution
1 minute ago, T3chGuy007 said:

I went back into the policy and changed it to the red flash icon and I think this fixed my issue.

That means there's another policy that applies the same setting, therefore it was necessary to enforce the settings.