ESET Encryption new installer feature

Mr.Gains

ESET Protect 9.0.1144.0

ESET Full Disk Encryption 1.3.1.25

Windows 10 OS

Can someone point out where I can set the pre-defined password in the installer for ESET Full Disk Encryption? This will be extremely helpful in getting new computers setup, but I cannot seem to find where I can input that pre-defined password in the installer.

"We've also added the option to deploy an installer with a pre-defined password and keyboard map to start the encryption. "

Thanks,

• ESET Staff

Hi @Mr.Gains,

We do have a method for doing this:

1. Using a ESET Protect Task to install EFDE you can set the "Installation Parameters" and can use the following:

Note: KLID means Keyboard Language ID

I hope this helps. Thank you. 

Kieran

Edited by Kstainton

On 1/24/2022 at 3:55 AM, Kstainton said:

Hi @Mr.Gains,

We do have a method for doing this:

1. Using a ESET Protect Task to install EFDE you can set the "Installation Parameters" and can use the following:

Note: KLID means Keyboard Language ID

I hope this helps. Thank you. 

Kieran

Thank you for this information, but I'm just a little confuse that it says "installer" as I'm assuming that I can build out a all-in-one installer. I was able to confirm that I can create a task with the installation parameters to where I can input the password. 

• ESET Staff
58 minutes ago, Mr.Gains said:

Thank you for this information, but I'm just a little confuse that it says "installer" as I'm assuming that I can build out a all-in-one installer. I was able to confirm that I can create a task with the installation parameters to where I can input the password. 

Unfortunately the All-In-One installer does not allow the same parameters to be put in place so the only way to do this is via a task.

Thank you.