Eset Backup Of Logs (Threats,events,quarantine,scans,tasks Etc.) And Getting Report Via Email.

openmind

Hi All,

We have ESET Remote Administrator version 5.2.22.0 with ESET Endpoint Security version 5.0.2229.1 clients around 50.

I have setup this ESET server with a dedicated Windows 7 pc for good performance, now my questions are :

1.) I want to increase the Logs residing period of time (lets say 4 months) as I have plenty of space on this computer to save logs.

2.)  Also I want to export these threats ,events,quarantine logs etc. to html ,but it is exporting only the current page lets say its displaying    50 logs at time ,  I want to export the whole logs in one html page.

3.) Emailing the Reports : I have configured the email to send reports ,I am receiving the test email from Eset server but not the reports ,may be I have not configured the reports to send in right way ,can someone help.

* Almost all having the default settings ,can someone let me know what I need to customize for GOOD PROTECTION.

Thanks in Advance !

Hello openmind,

1. To adjust Remote Administrator’s retention time of logs, please follow the steps below:

1. Open the ESET Remote Administrator Console (ERAC) by clicking Start -> All Programs -> ESET -> ESET Remote Administrator Console -> ESET Remote Administrator Console.
  2. Click Tools -> Server Options.
  3. Click the Advanced tab -> Edit Advanced Settings.
  4. Expand Remote Administrator -> ERA Server -> Settings -> Server maintenance -> Time limit cleanup.
  5. Expand the desired log cleanup settings that you want to modify.
  6. Select Delete logs older than and enter a number into the Value field.
  7. Select Delete base value and select Days or Months from the Value drop-down menu.
  8. Click Console -> Yes to save your changes. Click OK to exit the Server Options window.

2. To export all of a particular type of log, please see the Knowledgebase article below:

Where can I find log files created by my ESET product?

3. To enable report delivery by email, please see the Knowledgebase article below:

How do I set up ESET Remote Administrator Server to send email reports and notifications? (5.x)

Thank you,

ChadH

Thank you for your reply !

1. Here in the following descriptoin whether it means logs will retain for 10 months for "Clients logs", 6 months for "Threats logs", 3 months for "Firewall logs " etc.,.  ????

- Clients logs cleanup :

Enable - Yes

Delete clients not connected for the last (base value): 10

Delete clients base value : Months

-Threats logs cleanup:

Enable -Yes

Delete Threat logs older than (base value): 6

Delete Threat logs base value: Months

-Firewall logs cleanup:

Enable- Yes

Delete Firewall logs older than (base value): 3

Delete Firewall logs base value : Months

2. I followed your second point for exporting data for each client but unfortunately I don't find any data ! May be I need to do some settings to retain ??? Please suggest me.

3. I successfully setup the email to receive reports !

Looking forward for your reply.

Once again thank you very much !

Hello openmind,

1. Those settings are correct.
  2. If no logs are displayed, please ensure Show All and Do not limit time are selected, as shown in Figure 1-2 of the following Knowledgebase article: Where can I find log files created by my ESET product?. If no logs are displayed, please deselect the option Use Filter. If no logs are displayed, there may not be any logs available in Remote Administrator for that log type. If you feel there should be some logs available in Remote Administrator because one of the clients connected to the server, please contact your local ESET support representatives for assistance.
  3. I’m glad you got that working.

Thank you,

ChadH