Eset email spoof problem??!!

Hello. I tried to install eset and instead of prompting me to register in the program it opened up by browser and then told me to register. I did and then i went to my email and proton mail told me the domain  name had been spoofed. On top of all that my computer has been repeatedly rebooting/restarting all on it's own. I checked windows update and now the settings for manual update are not there anymore, instead it asks when I want to allow Microsoft to restart my computer when I'm not there. Have I been hacked? My previous anti virus was eset premium. It expired and a week later i uninstalled and reinstalled in safe mode.

Have I been hacked? How do I know I'm not on a spoofed forums right now?

esetimage.jpg

eset_smart_security_premium_live_installer_3.rar  edit: I installed adaware anti virus and while it searched for malware/viruses it suddenly went to screen saver and rebooted.  Odd problem I had is that the screen saver would not run unless I clicked on test, it never ran before by it self, now it runs all the time without needing me to input it to start. And then it reboots me..

Edited by arghit

• Administrators

I'd suspect a problem of protonmail.com mail server misconfiguration. If SPF and / or DKIM checks were failing, many more users would be already reporting it,