ESMC 7.2 Web interface wont load - JS/Agent.PKT trojan

Tried to run the web console for my 7.2 ESMC. It just site on the Pulsing E in center. I did a restart of Management console service (and also a server reboot). Still wont load. But i received a mailicious file detection...i would imagine this file missing is why console wont load? False positive? Timestamp for file in backup is 10/5/2020...false positive?

Module Real-time file system protection - Threat Alert triggered on computer CINAV2016:  C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\apache-tomcat-9.0.35\webapps\era\webconsole\static\js\main.9be6d1a4.cache.js contains JS/Agent.PKT trojan.

Slarkins, can you provide a clean version of the "C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\apache-tomcat-9.0.35\webapps\era\webconsole\static\js\main.9be6d1a4.cache.js" file?  Mine was deleted as it was found to be infected with JS/Agent.PKT trojan and I can't get the web console to load either.  Please help!

DO i need to look for a certain signature version to download and update on the esmc server before i put the file back? I assume this  file missing is why the console wont finish loading?

I just ran into this exact problem not an hour ago! I was using the ESET console without issue this morning. Came back from lunch and received an email that file security had cleaned by deleting the JS/Agent.PKT trojan file on a Windows Server 2012R2 environment. I then tried accessing the ESET console and noticed the 'pulsing E' when trying to access via browser. I RDP'd into the server and restarted the services and rebooted to no avail. I also noticed that my environment was corrupted in some way. taskmanager wouldn't load, I couldn't pull up the ESET file security window while logged into the server to run a manual virus scan. There were strange permissions errors though I was logged in as a domain admin. I isolated the environment and I'm restoring a backup now (VM).

My fear is that this will happening again. We have only three here in our IT dept and none of us use the server for anything but ESET and I access it via browser 100% of the time.

Logged user: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE 

What can we do to prevent this? I assumed a virus was detected but possible wasn't completely cleaned which in turn corrupted system files. I couldn't even run a SFC.exe on in this environment due to an error.

I'll keep an eye on this thread as I'm sure we are not the only ones running into this problem.

I submitted a sample to ESET as a false positive.  Hoping they would vet their own files but I guess when they use 3rd party dependencies they are at other companies' mercy also.  **Face-plant emoji**  Fingers crossed it gets fixed ASAP!

Edited by cooleyadmin