ESET Endpoint Antivirus Error: Cannot connect to Confd: No such device or address

Hi,

I always keep my Ubuntu updated as much as possible, I can't use version 20.04 as it doesn't support my hardware, so I have to use 21.

It was all working fine till this week, but an update from Ubuntu came and now I get a segmentation fault on 8.1.4. I then noticed that 8.1.5 is the latest, I've downloaded it and now I have a different errot message:

$ sudo dpkg -i eea-8.1.5.0-ubuntu18.x86_64.deb 
(Reading database ... 272993 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack eea-8.1.5.0-ubuntu18.x86_64.deb ...
Unpacking eea (8.1.5.0) over (8.1.4.0) ...
Setting up eea (8.1.5.0) ...
ESET Endpoint Antivirus Error: Cannot connect to Confd: No such device or address

Only reference to someone who had this error before was never answered: https://forum.eset.com/topic/27816-errors-when-installing-on-debian/

There is a similar error here (just slightly different error message): https://forum.eset.com/topic/23121-efs-715580x86_64-confd-problem/

Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

Seems I've found the reason: 8.1.4 service was started but crashing, so no lock created. Since I was installing 8.1.5 on top of it, it was trying to find the lock but couldn't so... 🙂 One crash on top of another.

Solved by removing eea before trying to install new version.

Edited by ph4ckvv3r