Physically Moving Computer, How To Change To Another Primary Server

I can't for the life of me figure out how to do this:

I have 1 main remote admin server with 2 child servers in 2 other locations. I have a computer in one location that uses the primary server there that I need to move to the other location. I simply want it to start reporting to that other location's primary server. 

Is there a simple way to do this? We're not talking about an 'old server' and a 'new server', both servers are still active. I simply want to tell a single client to start reporting to a new primary server located in a new physical location (actually in another state).

ESET remote admin 5.x 

Edited by twinstead

• ESET Staff

Hi Twinstead,

If i'm reading your question correctly, i believe all that you need to do is arrange to have the client computer that you mention look for the IP address of the different server. Please take a look at our Knowledgebase article and let me know if it helps you resolve this issue.

Thanks for your response.

I've been to that article, I'm interested in what it calls "method II*, but it doesn't show any instructions for it. I did follow the link on that page that showed the steps for version 4.x, but it seemed to have no effect. Are there step-by-step instructions do move a single client to a new primary server for version 5.x or are the instructions for version 4.x supposed to work?

I guess my problem is I can't seem to get a configuration change pushed out to a client. The tasks show as complete, but they never take effect. I must be doing something wrong. 

• ESET Staff

I see exactly what you mean, and i'll make sure that we clean that article up. There are two ways you can accomplish what the missing 'method' II was intended to do, it's just a matter of whether you want to perform the task from ERA or from the ESET Endpoint Security on the client.

From ERA:

In the Clients tab, right-click the client that you want to change the primary server for and select New Task > Configuration Task from the context menu. Click Create and then follow steps 5-9 from the article that I referenced earlier to change the primary server IP that client is assigned.

From ESET Endpoint Security.

Open ESET Endpoint Security (here is how) and press F5 to access Advanced setup. Expand Tools > Remote administration. Type the IP address of the new server into the Server address field in the Primary server tab.