Service ESET Firewall Helper ESET "C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Security\ekrn.exe" is disabled.

Hello. I noticed in Windows Service that is set to run: No -    Service    ESET Firewall Helper    ESET    "C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Security\ekrn.exe" is disabled.  When my computer starts this service is disabled. I re installed Eset Internet security and still, the process  No -    Service    ESET Firewall Helper    ESET    "C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Security\ekrn.exe" is disabled.

Running Windows 10.

The other Service Yes    Service    ESET Service    ESET    "C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Security\ekrn.exe" is enabled.  There are other Eset services running and are enabled.  I would like to know if I can leave it as a default after reinstalling ESET Internet Security and leave the Service    ESET Firewall Helper    ESET    "C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Security\ekrn.exe" is disabled.

All settings in ESET are in default.
In the ESET itself, the firewall is enabled. Also, I would like to know what exactly the ESET Firewall Helper is.

Thank you kindly for any advise and support. 

Sincerely,

Jozef

Checking my Smart Security Premium latest ver. Win service settings, ESET Firewall Helper service has a startup setting of "Manual" and it is currently running.

2096773511_taskmanagerservicesEset.thumb.png.a18c69be66a6b10d2d8e1c47c3ec3bde.png1784614036_ScreenShot_SystemConfigServices.png.c27b6c797d86fa9830a1452b89e8586c.png1049855869_ScreenShot_inCcleanerEsetinWindowsServices.png.07a70dc5cbd362dc6ee7168c8e5c7510.png

Thank you for the info.  Just checked in Task Manager, System Config., and ESET Service is running. Only when checking with CCleaner in Windows Services, it reports the ESET Firewall Helper is not running. Perhaps the app. not reporting correctly?

Thank you.

4 hours ago, fred257 said:

1617843256_ESETINservices_msc.png.25b94bca6f520df0a68f514e124765e9.png

I am sorry for posting again. Looking at it in run, services.msc, I see that ESET Firewall Helper is set to manual but it is running. I assume it is a default setting? Thanks

Mine here is also configured manually, I had the same doubt as you, is it standard? could someone answer us?

43 minutes ago, New_Style_xd said:

I had the same doubt as you, is it standard? could someone answer us?

Manual Win service startup means the service won't start unless another service/process starts it. Assume Eset Service; i.e. ekrn.exe is starting Eset Firewall Service.

10 hours ago, Marcos said:

Not sure why it's running, I recollect it used to not run. The point is to have it registered as a service. I will inquire devs about this.

We are awaiting a response on the matter discussed above.
If by any chance there is a problem, will a new update be released to fix it?