Upgrading my license

Hi there!

I own a ESET Internet Security license for 5 devices that is still good for almost 1,5 year. However I'd like to upgrade my license to the new ESET Smart Security Premium. On top of that I want to increse my device limit from 5 to 10, but without loosing the amount I've already paid.

How can I upgrade my license?

I can't find it in ESET's site.

Thanks a lot,

- Daniel Bittar.

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

If you contact your local ESET distributor / license seller, they should be able to upgrade your license to ESSP while subtracting the price for the remaining period from your current license.

You still haven't answered:

Do you have explantion??

Thanks

Hi there!

I got in touch with my local reseller and they said I can't upgrade either unless it is in time for license renovation, which isn't right now. So I either keep using what I have now or buy a new license and just loose the time for the license I already have.

So, one more question. How do I buy directly from ESET without the use of a local reseller so I can avoid dealing with the local resellers and their limitation? Would it be ok to buy with a VPN if needed?

Thanks again.

6 minutes ago, DMBittar said:

How do I buy directly from ESET without the use of a local reseller so I can avoid dealing with the local resellers and their limitation?

Did you try this web site: https://www.eset.com/br/ ? It is the official web site for Eset in Brazil.

33 minutes ago, DMBittar said:

This is the site I bought the product and they were the ones who said I can't upgrade.

Then unfortunately, it appears you can't upgrade your existing license.

• ESET Staff

Hi,

No.
The public ID is just that, a sequence to find you in ESET Systems, cannot be use to activate or track you in any way by outsiders. That's why we ask for that data in particular.

Edited by Gonzalo Alvarez

2 hours ago, DMBittar said:

What about buying straght from ESET without a reseller?

Eset is a global company. Each official in-country Eset distributor is an independent company licensed to do business in that country. As such, they are free to set license sale terms and policies as they see fit.

Personally, I don't like the idea that Eset corporate allows such flexibility but that is the way they do business.

26 minutes ago, Gonzalo Alvarez said:

Hi,

No.
The public ID is just that, a sequence to find you in ESET Systems, cannot be use to activate or track you in any way by outsiders. That's why we ask for that data in particular.

Oh, I had miss undestood it. Here it is: 3AH-7SX-A93.

• Most Valued Members

You'd think resellers and what not would be happy to perform an upgrade because it's basically a sale at the end of the day and Eset will make more money if the user is on a higher product

On 1/15/2022 at 10:19 AM, Gonzalo Alvarez said:

Hi,

That license doesn't exist. Perhaps you mistype a character.

Hi Gonzalo. This is the License Public ID as shown in ESET Home. I didn't mistyped it, I just copied from ESET Home and pasted it here.