Authorized Partner Of Eset? Www.computersecurityassociates.com

rugk

I just found this site: hxxp://www.computersecurityassociates.com/ (WHOIS)

And the creator of this site claims in every corner of the page that he would be an "Authorized (Gold) Partner of ESET".

But - and I don't want to affront the website creator - this site don't looks such professional. But at least there are contact data to the "Computer Security Associates, LLC" (a web search finds nothing useful about this company) inclusive address, email and phone.

I also checked some download links and they are going to the official ESET site, so I don't think there is malware on this site, but of course I can't promise it.

And from the Whois report I only got out that the site was registered by FASTDOMAIN or by hostmonster.

So what is this page? Is the page owner really an official partner of ESET? And finally: Can we trust the website (owner)?

Edited by rugk

I,for one,would not trust any website owner,authorized reseller or otherwise,with a page that is in various states of neglect.Quite a few areas have not been updated in a long time,and some of the coding is quite poor.Definitely would not purchase anything from them.Better to be safe than sorry.There are far more reputable places to do business.

Now I found an real error what he tells about ESET as a company. On this site hxxp://www.computersecurityassociates.com/about/about.htm he tells ESET would be headquartered in US:

Founded in 1992 and headquartered in San Diego, California (...)

This is not it's headquarter, their headquarter is in Bratislava (Slovakia). And as a real partner he should now this! On the other hand he maybe just made a small mistake. I also have to say that this page is more detailed than the official ESET page about it's history.

And I also have to add that you can buy the ESET software on the page.

I,for one,would not trust any website owner,authorized reseller or otherwise,with a page that is in various states of neglect.Quite a few areas have not been updated in a long time,and some of the coding is quite poor.Definitely would not purchase anything from them.Better to be safe than sorry.There are far more reputable places to do business.

I agree. The design is bad and I don't looked at the coding before you're post but yes there are really many errors in the coding.

a page that is in various states of neglect

:D  Yes that describes the page best.

And because of this I also disbelieve that it isn't an official ESET partner.

If the partnership would be true then ESET should rethink the partnership to him. If it isn't true (and the site owner is lying) then ESET should think about what to do with this site. (e.g. setting on the blacklist) And I think they would also had judicial ways to go against this.

Edited by rugk

Everything looks legit on the site.

Gold level partnership means they are selling a lot of ESET and have to maintain those level of sales.

Some of the links are suppose to go back to main ESET pages, to be tracked.

ESET has headquarters in San Deigo. It's the official head quarters of the North American region.

They have a CEO - Andrew Lee. They maintain their own infrastructure and organization.

I would request that this thread be concluded as everything appears to be ok here.

Yes the site in question is outdated, and they may no longer be a partner.

Thanks

OK you think so, but to really conclude the thread I think we need an official statement of ESET whether this is a real reseller or not.

And how this site looks I can't imagine that many people buy ESET products from this site!

Edit (very late): ESET real headquarter (the headquarter of the headquarters) is in Bratislava. And on the site it tells you that the headquarter is in San Diego in the same sentence as it tells when it was founded, it sounds like it was founded in San Diego and had from this state it's headquarter there. In fact this was "added" later and ESET was founded in Bratislava where they have their worldwide headquarter.

Edited by rugk

• Administrators

Computer Security Associates is indeed an official ESET reseller in the USA. I've notified colleagues from the US and asked to approach the reseller and request improving the website and making it more trustworthy.

Maybe I can make a design for this site  :D  I have some skills and some templates created but havent used them so maybe I can try?  ;)

Maybe I can make a design for this site  :D  I have some skills and some templates created but havent used them so maybe I can try?  ;)

That's very nice of you. If you want to do this then I would suggest you to directly contact the author of the site. (he has many contact information on the site)

Edited by rugk

That's very nice of you. If you want to do this then I would suggest you to directly contact the author of the site. (he has many contact information on the site)

Hmm its said that "Contacts for United States of America and Canada only" also I can`t find the email to contact 

Hmm its said that "Contacts for United States of America and Canada only" also I can`t find the email to contact 

At the left (at the bottom) he has an mailto-link to nod32@computersecurityassociates.com.

At the left (at the bottom) he has an mailto-link to nod32@computersecurityassociates.com.

Would you like to see a new website?  ^_^

Edited by Wortex

Here is the new ESET website: hxxp://eset-beta.esy.es/

I uploaded to free hosting as you can see and I will wait for ESET staff to answer is it good. 

Of course the website is in BETA because its not fully finished as you can see there not enough ESET products and information.

Remember I havent received any reply of the staff of "computersecurityassociates" but maybe they will accept it.

I uploaded to free hosting as you can see and I will wait for ESET staff to answer is it good. 

Of course the website is in BETA because its not fully finished as you can see there not enough ESET products and information.

Remember I havent received any reply of the staff of "computersecurityassociates" but maybe they will accept it.

WOW, @Wortex, this is great site! Very nice, a modern style and well-written source code. I think many resellers would like such a website.

But just a few things... to give you a small feedback :), because it's always good to have feedback ;):

(tested with Firefox 31.0)

1. the banner at the top is really good but it's a the left and it's not linked and the Windows logo is at different positions in the banner of NOD32 and ESS.

I also don't think that the banner should be placed at this position (at the top).

2. the icons at "services" are quite small
  3. when "mouseovering" the products sometimes only the display title is "marked" and sometimes the whole background of the product picture.
  4. the slogan "Enjoy safer technology" is missing... :D
  5. the site has no favicon.
  6. the main ESET logo at the top is AFAIK an older one.

The best resolution I ever found (and it's really a great resolution, much more than Full HD) of the (current) ESET logo is on the German website: hxxp://www.eset.com/de/about/press/mynewsdesk/#/images/eset-logo-296833

Just click on the big green button to download it.

@all: You can also print it all and use it as a poster! ;):D

Edit: More information about the high-resolution ESET logo in this post.

Edited by rugk

WOW, @Wortex, this is great site! Very nice, a modern style and well-written source code. I think many resellers would like such a website.

But just a few things... to give you a small feedback :), because it's always good to have feedback ;):

(tested with Firefox 31.0)

1. the banner at the top is really good but it's a the left and it's not linked and the Windows logo is at different positions in the banner of NOD32 and ESS.

I also don't think that the banner should be placed at this position (at the top).

2. the icons at "services" are quite small
  3. when "mouseovering" the products sometimes only the display title is "marked" and sometimes the whole background of the product picture.
  4. the slogan "Enjoy safer technology" is missing... :D
  5. the site has no favicon.
  6. the main ESET logo at the top is AFAIK an older one.

The best resolution I ever found (and it's really a great resolution, much more than Full HD) of the (current) ESET logo is on the German website: hxxp://www.eset.com/de/about/press/mynewsdesk/#/images/eset-logo-296833

Just click on the big green button to download it.

@all: You can also print it all and use it as a poster! ;):D

Edit: More information about the high-resolution ESET logo in this post.

1. Most of the logos and links are not linked for now.

2. Hmm strange the icons are looking very good on my Google Chrome 37.0.2062.102 (64-bit) also I tested on IE 11 (latest) and still get cool not too small logos.

3. Yeah thats strange I will check that.

4. It`s not missing its on the bottom of the website it`s very small  :D

5. Favicon will be added  some day not big deal  :P

6. I will change it soon.

Thanks for your feedback  ;)

You're welcome.

And now my reply:

2. I think it's just my opinion... They look so small.

4. Yes, veeery small :D

OK, but the pictures you uploaded are all in a huge size.

E.g. the ESET logo you uploaded in the full size (link). So the browser have to scale it and so the website would load much faster when it wouldn't have to download the large pictures (and then displaying them in a smaller size).