Error during installing Eset Server Security

Hello

I get error Error accessing network share c:\users\public\desktop during Eset Server Security install. I can only abort install. Windows Server 2012 R2. Directory exists and it's accesible. How can i fix it ?

• Most Valued Members
22 minutes ago, mmart said:

Hello

I get error Error accessing network share c:\users\public\desktop during Eset Server Security install. I can only abort install. Windows Server 2012 R2. Directory exists and it's accesible. How can i fix it ?

Try to move the installer to a different folder that isn't shared , like a local drive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Looks like the install log is not from the same time as the Procmon log.
In install.log, there is a record:
[10:49:59:018]: Product: ESET Server Security -- Blad 1606. Brak dostepu do lokalizacji sieciowej C:\Users\Public\Desktop

However, in the Procmon log there is no reference to the desktop folder and the time 13:56 doesn't match the time in install.log even when considering the time zone (UTC+1).

Please check if the user that you are installing ESET under is in the group Administrators and that the Administrators group has full permissions to C:\Users\Public\Desktop. You can also try installing ESET from a different folder, e.g. from c:\install.

• Administrators

The msi installer was run from G:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\2\eset\bts.session\32e55cf9-0025-4272-99bd-f4a9dd0d8c9d\.pkg\1\efsw_nt64.msi. I assume you didn't install efsw_nt64.msi directly but probably used an all-in-one installer.

If necessary, uninstall EFSW, reboot the server, download an ESET Server Security installer and run it from a folder on drive C:, e.g. from c:\temp

The current desktop folder points to the public folder which has some permission issues according to the error returned.:

Adding DESKTOPDIR property. Its value is ' C:\Users\Public\Desktop\'.

Product: ESET Server Security -- Błąd 1606. Brak dostępu do lokalizacji sieciowej  C:\Users\Public\Desktop\.

• Administrators

Could you try uninstalling ESET and installing the latest version from scratch? If necessary, use the ESET Uninstall tool in safe mode. Maybe the change of the profiles folder causes issues to Windows installer which reports:

Brak dostepu do lokalizacji sieciowej C:\Users\Public\Desktop

• Administrators

I'm just telling what the log says about the cause of the error. I recall there are also msiexec threads that run in the local system account during installation so maybe this is where it is failing. Please try my advice above.

Also make sure the folder has full control for the system account granted:

image.png