Eset Smart Security

Go to solution Solved by Arakasi,

Hello everyone, i am planning on buying a new computer sometime in either the near or distant future and am thinking about have a paid antivirus. I came across Eset from a couple of people in the Digital Storm community that recommended it and was wondering if it was worth getting?

Hello Arkwoman23 and welcome, 

Yes it is worth getting. It is one of the easiest to use AV solutions that you can find in my opinion. But it also suits more advanced users as you can set it up to your own liking.  :)

• Solution

ESET wins lightest AV awards, lowest false positive awards, and highest detection awards , from time to time.

Their support is the best in the business, they have been around for 21 years + according to starting in 93, however the founders were working on software back in 87. The company stays very active outside the security industy and the people working for the company are very professional, and kind-hearted.

The forums here are a great community to make conversation with and so far we have hundreds of threads you can browse around to get a feel for decison making, direction, and how well the software actually is, without simply taking our word for it.

Good luck on your decision and welcome to the forums. :)

Just remember that if your buying new they come preinstalled with an antivirus already. Like a trial of Norton or McAfee. Those will have to be COMPLETELY uninstalled before installing Eset. Both have an uninstaller available for download. If you can stay away from Windows 8 I highly recommend stay with 7. You will not go wrong with Eset. You can find great digital download sales on Amazon or Newegg. 

Edited by LabVIEW707

• Most Valued Members

Hey Arkwoman23, great to see you considering ESET.   :)

ESET Smart Security is one of those security solutions where you can install it, activate your license, and feel assured that you are being protected. As the others have said, you are also able to configure advanced settings with much flexibility as well. It's not intrusive, runs really well and does a wonderful job protecting you in a wide variety of areas and situations, like with each usb drive plugged in, surfing the web in your preferred Internet browser, scanning your email, etc.

Feel free to download and activate a trial on your computer to see it in action.

Hello @Arkwoman23,

Yes it's worth to buy it.

ESET is on of the best security solutions in my opinion. It's especially known for a low false positive and low system stress, but of course it also has a high detection rate. (More information) ESET has many solutions for many devices and OSs.

For Windows they have ESS (Video) and ESET Nod32 Antivirus. And they also have a multi-device-license where you can save much money if you want to use it one more than one device.

You can download a 30-days trail for free and try it out.

Hint: ESET also provides much more than only security protection such as an free Social Media Scanner and a security blog. More things you can also find in the signatures of many users.

Edited by rugk

Yep but it does not work worldwide, as I am taken to my local distributor when I click "add to cart".  :)

You're right, but this was conceivable. ESET has many distributors in many countries...

Well even though this offer is US based - Eset Smart Security is worth every penny.

This is a 'state of the art' protective security software solution, completely without tons of bloatware - unlike many others.

On top of that, we support the developers and the innovation process;)

I would never buy a pre-built gaming machine. You can build one yourself for a fraction of the cost. But you can find Eset deals everywhere. Just keep your eyes pealed. I picked up Webroot for $5 on Black Friday. 

Also no antivirus is 100% effective. So it's a god idea to have a backup plan ready. Best way to do this by imaging your computer at least twice on week onto an external HDD. 

Edited by LabVIEW707

I would never buy a pre-built gaming machine. You can build one yourself for a fraction of the cost. But you can find Eset deals everywhere. Just keep your eyes pealed. I picked up Webroot for $5 on Black Friday. 

Also no antivirus is 100% effective. So it's a god idea to have a backup plan ready. Best way to do this by imaging your computer at least twice on week onto an external HDD. 

I realize i could build my own pc but i honestly don't want to and besides Digital Storm also builds customized pcs, plus my current pc is from them. But anyway don't want to get off topic i thank you for your input on the Eset deals and what not.