Wrong email address , cannot verify license ownership

Hello,

3AR-V87-86H

By mistake I input a wrong email address and I cannot receive request for "verify license ownership"

Can you correct it , please ?

Remove the   "."    between first and second name  @gmail.com

Edited by total

9 hours ago, Marcos said:

cXXXXXX_bXXXXXXu@hotmail.com

This email address is correct and active, yet I did not receive any verification email; I hit "resubmit" several times , nothing arrived.

• Administrators

We see the emails as delivered:

image.png

I'd recommend changing the registration email address, e.g. to a gmail one through the seller from whom you purchased your license.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

We see the emails as delivered:

image.png

I'd recommend changing the registration email address, e.g. to a gmail one through the seller from whom you purchased your license.

The seller sold the license without registration.

I downloaded the software , I input the key and I filled the required info: name, country, email, etc.

Seller has nothing to do with this.

So, any way to solve this issue? Can anyone "manually" confirm this license?

It's been a week since I paid and not able to use this license.....

• Administrators

The license was issued by ESET Australia for a local promo, activation should not be possible outside Australia. As for changes in your license information, only the license issuer can amend it so please contact ESET Australia if you're from that region:

https://www.eset.com/au/

Hope you'll understand that we cannot change registration email address just based on the public license ID for security reasons and that this has to be done by the license issuer.

Hello Marcos,

Thank you for your patience... but i do not get it

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

As for changes in your license information

The 'license issuer" issued a licence, basically a number    AUD4-W***-FF2M-M***-FCGF  . There is no other information  the issuer can amend.

If I login om "My ESET" I get  whatever you see in attachment; so license is VALID and PAID.

It is an issue with ESET not being able to send a confirmation email.

So, either you manually validate this license or provide a valid solution to the issue.

It is not the "issuer" fault that ESET cannot send a validation email which I should receive.

ESET.jpg

I can't speak for Eset Romania eStore but there is currently an issue with Eset U.S. eStore e-mail verification processing.

Even if you receive a verification e-mail, use of the provided verification link will result in a 404 cannot reach server error. Therefore, receipt of the verification e-mail is a moot point.

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, itman said:

I can't speak for Eset Romania eStore but there is currently an issue with Eset U.S. eStore e-mail verification processing.

Even if you receive a verification e-mail, use of the provided verification link will result in a 404 cannot reach server error. Therefore, receipt of the verification e-mail is a moot point.

Haven't heard about this issue from users in our forum but I've asked colleagues from ESET LLC to comment on this.

Anyways, the license ownership verification at ESET HOME is independent from e-store email verification.

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, total said:

The 'license issuer" issued a licence, basically a number    AUD4-W***-FF2M-M***-FCGF  . There is no other information  the issuer can amend.

The issuer can change the registration email address. Since there's an issue with hotmail which doesn't deliver the verification email despite being sent out from our system and registered as delivered (but not opened obviously), I recommended to change your reg. email address to a gmail one which doesn't have such issues and the email would most likely be delivered without issues.

17 minutes ago, total said:

It is not the "issuer" fault that ESET cannot send a validation email which I should receive.

As explained, the problem seems to be with hotmail, hence I suggested to ask your license issuer to change your reg. license email to a gmail one which should work.

Hello Marcos,

I decided to take a loss and move on. I bought another antivirus which went smooth , on all aspects.

As a side note, I had a long time on-again-off-again relationship with ESET , but, one way or another I was disappointed each and every time.

Thank you for your assistance and Happy New Year!

• Administrators

Don't know what's wrong with your hotmail account. I've created one myself and received a verification email in the Junk email folder:

image.png

image.png

One more thing to note, if the ESET HOME account email address matches the license registration email address, no verification email is sent and the license is added instantly. A verification email is sent only if you add a license registered to a different email address to your ESET HOME account.

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

Don't know what's wrong with your hotmail account

Nothing is wrong; I received an email from noreply@orders.eset.com , see attached , only the license confirmation email not.

ESET.png

• Administrators
3 hours ago, total said:

Nothing is wrong; I received an email from noreply@orders.eset.com , see attached , only the license confirmation email not.

While emails from the licensing system are sent out directly from ESET, ESET HOME emails are sent through an email delivery service, hence you may have received the license email but not the verification email.

Our logs showed that the verification email was delivered:

image.png

I've also made a test which showed that verification emails end up in the Junk email folder when sent to a hotmail.com address.

Just trying to explain that the problem was not on ESET's part.