I Have Had It With Eset N.A. License Purchase Procedures

Go to solution Solved by itman,

I decided to upgrade my current EIS license to ESSP. That went seamlessly. Figures ..... But I now realize this was a big mistake.

First, auto renewal is reactivated even for a license upgrade. Next when I followed the procedure given here: https://support.eset.com/en/kb6205-manage-auto-pay-settings-for-your-eset-licenses-us-and-canada-customers-only and then use the link provided in the verify e-mail sent by Eset, I receive the following screen display:

Eset_Email_Verify.thumb.png.53e3447e650925e6fd0571d647253ed3.png

I want auto renewal deactivated on my Eset eStore account! I don't care how the hell Eset does it, just deactivate the damn thing!

Edited by itman

• Most Valued Members
11 hours ago, itman said:

I decided to upgrade my current EIS license to ESSP. That went seamlessly. Figures ..... But I now realize this was a big mistake.

First, autopay is reactivated even for a license upgrade. Next when I followed the procedure given here: https://support.eset.com/en/kb6205-manage-auto-pay-settings-for-your-eset-licenses-us-and-canada-customers-only and then use the link provided in the verify e-mail sent by Eset, I receive the following screen display:

Eset_Email_Verify.thumb.png.53e3447e650925e6fd0571d647253ed3.png

I want autopay deactivated on my Eset eStore account! I don't care how the hell Eset does it, just deactivate the damn thing!

I still don't understand why it isn't off by default. It could even be displayed as an option when buying that is unticked by default. It would cause a lot less complaints 

I will also add that the above Eset posted KB link is incorrect:

You will be prompted to type your eStore Username (your email address) and Password. This Username and Password are unique to the ESET eStore, where you purchase ESET products and licenses.

This option never is presented. The only option is to log on using Eset License ID or User name. Hence, the prompt for e-mail verification.

My opinion is all this is an Eset scam to prevent you from deactivating auto renewal.

Tried a phone call to Eset N.A. this morning. Forget that unless you want to wait indefinitely for someone to answer. Then I sent a support request e-mail that also hasn't been replied to.

I will say this. "Hell will have to freeze over" first before I ever make another Eset eStore license purchase.

Edited by itman

@Marcos

Still no response from Eset N.A. on my support request e-mail to disable auto renewal.

If I don't get this resolved by the end of the day, I will demand a refund for the upgrade to ESSP. I will also have my credit card issue a charge back for the upgrade.

Edited by itman

Really itman? Today? 31.12?

improvement is needed, no question. being childish does not help. give them week 01/22. Happy new year.

Edited by sesk

It a shame that US support sucks so bad. I have yet to ever have them help resolve an issue...ever! Usually it's 2 to 3 days before they respond, if they respond. I've either been able to finally figure out an issue myself, get an answer through the forums, or just give up and live with the problem.