Every new installer we create errors out with "Compatible package not found"

Our existing installers just expired so we created new ones for the Server/File Security Packages. We've tried to install on different machines, different networks, etc. Every single one of them throws this error when the installer starts up:

image.png.4cee8548c212196785a09bad17507fca.png

We've also gone through and created the installers with every combo to no avail. Thanks in advance for any guidance here.

It is not. We get this same error on several different servers, at totally different networks/regions. Let me try the msi anyhow. I'll report back.

Edited by CraigG

• Administrators

Simply download the msi installer from ESET's download page, run it and follow the on-screen instructions (basically you just click Next -> Next,...).

• ESET Staff

@CraigG It seems to me, that you are using ESET PROTECT Cloud (per the design of the installers screen). 

The error that you show on your screenshot is displayed in case, when a compatible package for the used operating system in use is not found in the repository. What is the version of the OS, and what is the version of the product? 

Also, you can download the MSI for the ESET Server Security here: https://www.eset.com/int/business/download/file-security-windows/ 

The MSI did in fact install without issue. 

ESET PROTECT Cloud, yes.

We've tried the Live Installer on Windows Server 2016, 2019, and Windows 10. Per the documentation, these all line up with the supported versions matrix. We've even tried to install old versions of the products using a new Live Installer of course.

• ESET Staff

Unfortunately there does not seems to be any obvious problems, so please provide us installer logs, that are located in directory:

%temp%\eset

= there should be directory "eset" in temporary folder of user that is trying to execute installer. In case multiple attempts were made, it might make sens to remove this directory and re-try again, so that only logs from most recent failure are present.
Hopefully we will be able to identify source of the problem -> it is either incompatible package selection or problem with communication with ESET repository servers (http://repository.eset.com) - In case enterprise grade firewalls of HTTP proxies are used to access internet, please double check repository is accessible from servers.

I will need to provide logs from a new machine next week, as we've installed the msi on every machine so far.

Some things that I've noticed:

- After the msi was installed, I can now run the Installer we created and it successfully launches and installs the management agent.

- If I delete the installer from the catalog in the eca, the installer throws an error about it not being valid any longer. This tells me that communication with the repository server is ok.

Edited by CraigG

• ESET Staff
8 hours ago, CraigG said:

- After the msi was installed, I can now run the Installer we created and it successfully launches and installs the management agent.

This indeed most probably means that communication do works properly, so there might be different issue. In case product is already installed, it is skipped during installation and thus it does not fail.

9 hours ago, CraigG said:

- If I delete the installer from the catalog in the eca, the installer throws an error about it not being valid any longer. This tells me that communication with the repository server is ok.

Actually communication with different service is involved in this stage (ESET licensing servers), but regardless of that, previous check confirms it is not network related problems - so indeed there will be problem with selection of package suitable for your operating systems: we will check from logs, but only issue I can recall we had was already mentioned issue with server-based Windows systems with RDS services.

• 2 weeks later...