How does the discount work or I'm assuming it doesn't for current users?

Also it seems ESSP won't be so premium anymore an paid year for it. Been very loyal to eset but are we also going to lose those three things that make it so special?

• Most Valued Members
2 hours ago, Prayer1 said:

Also it seems ESSP won't be so premium anymore an paid year for it. Been very loyal to eset but are we also going to lose those three things that make it so special?

What do you mean? As far as I'm aware there is no plan to stop selling the premium version with its extras.

The only thing I've seen is a few users complaining that live guard is a feature that is apparently standard for most other AVs, and that it shouldn't be just premium. I don't think there's any plans to do this but Eset said they'd consider looking into it. Apparently it costs them more to run this feature though

• ESET Insiders

Not understanding the issue either. If you're in the US, you should be safe to purchase whatever discounts Eset is offering for the holidays, the new time should just then be added to current licenses, so current customers should be able to enjoy any discounts along with new customers AFAIK.

17 hours ago, Prayer1 said:

Appears to me he is implying Eset is going to discontinue ESSP. Would like to know what source he is basing this assumption on.

On the other hand, Eset could just offer one product, EIS, and price existing ESSP unique features as separate pricing options when an EIS license is purchased. I believe these features already are present in EIS, but are not activated. This separate option pricing also make sense in regions where there is a large price difference between EIS and ESSP. That is not the case in the U.S.; only a $10 difference for a single license.

Edited by itman

• ESET Insiders
30 minutes ago, itman said:

Appears to me he is implying Eset is going to discontinue ESSP. Would like to know what source he is basing this assumption on.

On the other hand, Eset could just offer one product, EIS, and price existing ESSP unique features as separate pricing options when an EIS license is purchased. I believe these features already are present in EIS, but are not activated. This separate option pricing also make sense in regions where there is a large price difference between EIS and ESSP. That is not the case in the U.S.; only a $10 difference for a single license.

Yea, I missed that point. I don't see it possible they would discontinue ESSP, particularly after just having introduced new feature/s. They're also continuing development with tweaks and adjustments for future versions. So my guess is he's making a total assumption, and it's an incorrect one at that. They may readjust naming of products in the future but I don't see any products going away. The consumer line and business line of products sort of mirror each other and I don't see why they would change that lol.

• 3 weeks later...