Question About Sample Submission

Personally, after using Eset beginning with its version 2 (I'm now on 7), I have always had very good support --- with one annoying exception.

From time to time Eset warns me of a possible threat on my computer, and asks me to "Please submit this object to ESET for analysis."  But the message never includes an option (i.e. a button) to click on to submit the object!  Instead one must struggle to figure that out, or else give up.

That button is essential, and I can't figure out why it isn't included.

After studying an Eset message about a threat (copy below) that I received today, I essentially gave up, and deleted the message window.

Then I remembered that I had a similar threat earlier this year, and had taken the time to find how to submit a threat for analysis.

The link is:   hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN141,  and I had downloaded and saved its instructions, but had forgotten that I had done that.

Unfortunately, my recollection was too late to submit today's threat  (The instructions included that I should get an image of Eset's message --- easy to do using Thornsoft's Clipmate --- but I couldn't do that because I had deleted the window.)

There should have been an option to submit today's threat, without uninstalling software that I installed in 01-Dec-13, and have used successfully.

R.N. (Roger) Folsom

================================================================

On my computer, today's threat was the following (the items in all caps are my add-ons):

Warning
Potential Threat Found

Object: C:\Program Files (x86)\Raxcp\PerfectUpdater\perfectupdater.exe
Threat: a variant of Win32/Systweak.H Potentially Unwanted Application

Please submit this object to ESET for analysis.

[Clean]    [No action]

(Advanced options)
  Show alert window
  Copy to Quarantine
  Submit for analysis
  Exclude from detection
ALL OPTIONS ARE CHECKED

I CLICKED ON NO ACTION, BECAUSE I DO NOT WANT THIS RAXCO SOFTWARE REMOVED.

Edited by RNFolsom

Hello, 

It's not a Threat detection but a PUA detection (Potentially unwanted application) they user optional. You can chose "exclude from detection".

Not sure, but "perfect updater", is that really a feature included and part of the Raxco software itself? It sounds very PUAish to me anyway.

Regarding  "Please submit this object to ESET for analysis." I am not really sure why we (the users) see that as it is clear its already detected. I'm sure there is a good reason why they want users to do that, but I don't know why exactly.