ESET Protect Update Notifications

Hello. I have a curious question. In my dashboard's RSS feed, I saw a notice that hotfix version 9.0.10.2 was released on 12/7 and that it updates the HTTP proxy. I did some digging and noticed that my server component is up-to-date to the current version but the proxy and tomcat are a couple versions old. I confirmed this by starting the 9.0.10.2 installer and it showed me those components were not current. I have not done this upgrade yet.

My question is, I know the protect console will show up updates are available. I did not receive a notification for the proxy or tomcat being out of date. Does the notification not include those components? Is an update to 9.0.10.2 still recommended if everything is running fine?

EDIT: I just noticed that the latest version of ESET Protect Server for Windows is 9.0.1144.0 and I'm on 9.0.1141.0. So, looks like I didn't receive a notification for that either.

• ESET Staff

Hello, Tomcat and Apache HTTP Proxy are not updated by the means of "components upgrade task", as those are 3rd party components. In order to update them (in most cases due to important security patches) it´s recommend to do this by running the server all in one installer on the machine. 

3 hours ago, MichalJ said:

Hello, Tomcat and Apache HTTP Proxy are not updated by the means of "components upgrade task", as those are 3rd party components. In order to update them (in most cases due to important security patches) it´s recommend to do this by running the server all in one installer on the machine. 

Thanks for the info. We ran the all in one installer and we are all updated now.

Is there a way within the Protect console to see what versions of 3rd party ESET components we have and what the newest versions are? The only way I know of right now is to download the installer and let it tell me if something is out of date. I think since, as you said, some of those 3rd party components have important security patches, it would be good to have an easy way to see if the components are out of date.