Products Suggestion

Hi i am looking for a total protection for my Client 2 server.

So what i want is:

Software that similar like Eset Endpoint Security with Antivirus + Firewall + email protection.

Can anyone suggest the best products that match the above?

I gone through ESET File Security and found out it didnt have Personal Firewall like ESET ENdpoint have, so tell me is it necessary to have the firewall like ESET Endpoint on a Server or it didnt required?

As My client store an important data On those server, so he want the most total protection for his server.

Well as im kind of new to ESET maybe someone can suggest and explained to me regarding this matter?

Thanks in Advance

Hello khairulaizat92,

No, our server products do not have the personal firewall feature. For the most part, a good configuration of the built in Windows firewall is all that is needed on server. Most servers require extensive access to the network for file and app sharing. Firewalls will make this very difficult and can stop production within a network. Best practices is to ensure the firewall on the perimiter of the network is setup with good protection and logging and if needed use the Windows firewall on the individual server you are protecting.  

IDS (intrusion detection system)  is a lot like most theft/loss prevention. If the thef wants in bad enough then, with some work, they will find a way. My advise for most admins in this situation is to ensure logging is tracking as much as possible in your environment. Using a good logging system you should also be able to send real time alerts to email to ensure the people who need to know this is happening, know this quickly. A good idea is to implement a good ID system. This will track, in real time what is coming and going as well as flag questionable trafic allowing you to make changes to the Windows firewall as needed.

This is what i was going to say but i did not know how to put it into words.

Nice job William.

Many admins usually just keep windows firewall turned off completely as not to incur network outtages and internal network issues with normal users trying to access the server on a daily basis, especially involving QoS and network throughput speeds. Filtering would slow things down.

Have good logs, and good notifications on "new network traffic".

Edited by Arakasi

Hello khairulaizat92,

No, our server products do not have the personal firewall feature. For the most part, a good configuration of the built in Windows firewall is all that is needed on server. Most servers require extensive access to the network for file and app sharing. Firewalls will make this very difficult and can stop production within a network. Best practices is to ensure the firewall on the perimiter of the network is setup with good protection and logging and if needed use the Windows firewall on the individual server you are protecting.  

IDS (intrusion detection system)  is a lot like most theft/loss prevention. If the thef wants in bad enough then, with some work, they will find a way. My advise for most admins in this situation is to ensure logging is tracking as much as possible in your environment. Using a good logging system you should also be able to send real time alerts to email to ensure the people who need to know this is happening, know this quickly. A good idea is to implement a good ID system. This will track, in real time what is coming and going as well as flag questionable trafic allowing you to make changes to the Windows firewall as needed.

This is what i was going to say but i did not know how to put it into words.

Nice job William.

Many admins usually just keep windows firewall turned off completely as not to incur network outtages and internal network issues with normal users trying to access the server on a daily basis, especially involving QoS and network throughput speeds. Filtering would slow things down.

Have good logs, and good notifications on "new network traffic".

Thanks for your answer, ok now i would like to know about the ESET two factor authentication and Deslock, does this two will increase the security of a server and decrease the risk of data theft?

ESET two factor authentication is a very nice handy tool that will increase your users security when logging in and out of social media sites, bank sites, and pretty much any time they are utilizing IIS or active online logins.

Deslock in short terms is like Bitlocker , Pointsec , Truecrypt (expired, decommissioned)

However it has many more benefits from a network perspective as it comes with a central management system which can be installed on a server; then the encryption can be deployed to multiple endpoints etc.

You can also use it as a standalone piece to perform FDE as well as protect mobiles and devices that will not be residing on a network in a permanent basis, however they can receive changes and updates through the Deslock management console as they check back into home or back into the network.

Deslock+

As far as it increasing the security of server, it will do this on several fronts. The main are:

1. It will prevent encryption malware from executing and completing on your server or network drives.

2. If someone decides to steal your server, or the drives, it will protect your data there as well.

3. Deslock also has forms of folder and file encryption so you can encrypt certain directories to keep internal systems from accessing as well as outside sources.

Feel free to click my deslock link in sig to learn much much more about Deslock.

In addition i have attached a screen shot to show you what the interface is like on a workstation and get a feel for what it offers.

post-1101-0-62253100-1408670064_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arakasi