ESET Endpoint Antivirus - issue with blocking some services after update on v9.0.2032 from v8.1.2037.2

We have an issue with blocking some services after update ESET Endpoint Antivirus on v9.0.2032 from v8.1.2037.2 on some computers (OS Windows 10).

Some services such as emails, comunication in MS Teams, windows vpn to cloud services via internet communication  is blocked, internet communication (http / https) is working.

After unistalling v9.0.2032 and back to v8.1.2037.2 - everything working.

In admin console ESET PROTECT (9.0.1141.0) we don´t see any problem. ESET Endpoint Antivirus do not content ESET firewall, we cannot check settings ...

Please, can you help us?

We've been having similar issues with multiple clients since Tuesday when version 9 was released. Currently have a case open with Eset regarding it. Multiple VPN programs are being blocked, communication with Microsoft Exchange impacted. Windows updates can no longer be installed. Appears Endpoint Antivirus was bundled with firewall from Endpoint Security as there are firewall events being shown in the logs. Rolling back to version 8 is the only fix that worked for us.

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, the serginator said:

Not on the test system that has nothing on it.

Maybe you have another network-aware application utilizing Windows Filtering Platform installed. We would welcome if you could provide us with ELC logs to find out.

We're going to release a protocol filtering module update 1429.1 soon (probably tonight if everything goes well) which will contain a workaround while the WFP driver conflict is being internally discussed with Microsoft. I wonder if you could confirm that it resolves the issue once released.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

Maybe you have another network-aware application utilizing Windows Filtering Platform installed. We would welcome if you could provide us with ESET Log Collector logs to find out.

We're going to release a protocol filtering module update 1429.1 soon (probably tonight if everything goes well) which will contain a workaround while the WFP driver conflict is being internally discussed with Microsoft. I wonder if you could confirm that it resolves the issue once released.

I provided 2 sets of logs to the tech that I was working with. Case number 00276202.  Are these additional logs that you are requesting?

• Administrators
6 hours ago, the serginator said:

I provided 2 sets of logs to the tech that I was working with. Case number 00276202.  Are these additional logs that you are requesting?

Looks like you have a ZoneAlarm fw driver installed which most likely interfered with the ESET epfwwfp driver:

"c:\windows\system32\drivers\vsdatant.sys" ; ZoneAlarm Firewalling Driver ; Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. ;

Anyways, there is already an Internet protection driver available which contains a workaround to these issues so Endpoint v9 should work the same way like Endpoint v8 did. We recommend uninstalling the application that uses the troublesome driver vsdatant.sys.

• 2 weeks later...