Doubts about auto-updates in ESET Endpoint Security v9

IggyAl

Hi,

I have just noticed that from January 2022 updates of ESET Endpoint Security products will be activated automatically, after 60 days of a notification appearence.

I see that it will be a more comfortable method of updating, because we won't have to create some scheduled tasks and then restart the computers, but my question is: when you publish an update of ESET products (Security or Agent), in which moment this update will be executed on the computers? 60 days after the notification? Or inmediately after your publication?

Best regards, Iggy.

• ESET Staff

Hello. Automatic updates will work in a way, that first we release a particular version in the repository, so it can be updated using "standard" ways (software install task, local installation / download of the installer from the web), and after a reasonable time (at least a month, and reasonable amount of installed devices). 

On 12/2/2021 at 10:51 AM, MichalJ said:

Hello. Automatic updates will work in a way, that first we release a particular version in the repository, so it can be updated using "standard" ways (software install task, local installation / download of the installer from the web), and after a reasonable time (at least a month, and reasonable amount of installed devices). 

Hi MichalJ,

I understand that when you release a particular version, in approximately two months (with auto-updates) the version will be installed on the computers, after a restart.

My doubt is you release a security version after noticed a vulnerability or something relationated with security, this update won't be installed on the computers after two months? 

Kind regards, Iggy.

• Administrators

Only the latest stable version of the security product will be used for automatic updates. Ie. if a non-trivial issue has been discovered within the 2-month period after the release, we'll prepare another version of the product with a fix and wait for other 1-2 months before an automatic product update to the latest version is released.

On 12/7/2021 at 12:59 PM, Marcos said:

Only the latest stable version of the security product will be used for automatic updates. Ie. if a non-trivial issue has been discovered within the 2-month period after the release, we'll prepare another version of the product with a fix and wait for other 1-2 months before an automatic product update to the latest version is released.

Hey Marcos,

and another doubt: exists it a different way to show the message notification after updating the security product? I mean: when I install an update on a computer, I see: "Security Alert. Restar required." in a red popup from ESET, and I receive some calls from workmates that saw that and they think that they have a virus or something similar. 

Thanks!