Nod32 7.0.317.4 Slow Boot With Windows 8.1 64-Bit

Nodder
Go to solution Solved by Arakasi,

Have had Nod32 for several years and it loaded almost immediately. Updated Windows 8.0 to 8.1 last year. Started noticing slow-to-open a couple of months ago with Nod32 6.0. Tried changing settings - did not help. Upgraded to most recent version 7.0.317.4 two weeks ago, but no improvement. It is taking over 30 seconds for Nod32 to load, slowing my whole system.

Running Windows 8.1 on 64-bit desktop, 16GB RAM. Any suggestions on how to get Nod32 to load faster again?

• Solution

Hello,

How do you know it is taking 30 seconds + to start ?

Event viewer logs ? Watching services start ?

If you are referring to the GUI and splash screen, that is only visual details and not the actual Nod32 engine.

The start up screen for nod32 does not identify the starting of the antivirus engine, only the user interface which is not what is providing you protection.

Have you tried going through your other start up programs to verify there is no conflicting applications slowing the process or causing the load of GUI to freeze or start slow etc ?

Yes, referring to GUI. Waiting over 30 seconds for it to load (counting the seconds) and desktop locked up until it loaded. There were only three items in Start: Nod32, acrotray and my DNS updater, I disabled acrotray and DNS but still had problem.

Then noticed a program 'trying' to load called 'nVIDIA GeForce Experience' - uninstalled it and problem went away.

Thanks for your help with this!