Future changes to ESET licensing for business

Marcos

• Administrators

Hello,

The goal of this message thread is to provide ESET with feedback on changes and new features you would like to see in the future in ESET licensing for business products or services. Please use the following format when providing feedback:

Description: A very specific one line description of your feedback.
Detail: A more detailed explanation of your feedback. Please feel free to make this any length, but be sure to use terms everyone can understand. If your suggestion is an extension or update to an existing discussion, please include a link to it in your message.

You are welcome to discuss the merits of each and every suggestion, but keep your comments on topic, concise and thoughtful.  There are other parts of the forum to discuss issues.

NOTE:  When making your requests do not make general statements. If you have a specific feature or functionality you would like to see added (or improved) please post it here, but general requests to "make things better" are not helpful because they do not give ESET detailed enough information.  Thank you for your understanding.

• Marcos pinned this topic

Well then...

Description: ESET Business Account - column with last connection IP.
Detail: In the event that computers frequently change their location or the environment is highly dispersed, the information from where the last connection was made is as valuable as the date of the last connection.

• ESET Staff

Hi @WebGreg, column with last connection IP is available in both ESET PROTECT and ESET PROTECT Cloud security management consoles (Computers section, Computer detail, Computer preview, etc.).

Do you use EP/EPC? Does it make sense for you to duplicate this functionality also to ESET Business Account? 

• 1 month later...

Hi @emilota

It is indeed in Eset PROTECT but I wrote about Eset BUSINESS ACCOUNT. Today I have another example of why I need it.

In the EBA i see a device named for example: "ST-2020-XX-1". However, I do not see such a computer in my Eset PROTECT. At the moment I do not even know if it is a computer connecting from my network, but under a wrong name, or if someone has activated the license outside the organization. I have nothing to identify the device. The name is not enough. 

Second example from EBA - I see duplicate device (both make connections). However, I only see one device in Eset PROTECT. I don't know if it's a bug or again - someone is impersonating one of the devices and using the license illegally. I don't have a MAC address (I still mean EBA) so I don't know if both entries refer to the same device. I can't see the connection addresses so I don't know if they are in the same location.

Edited by WebGreg

• 1 year later...

Description: Release license/activation when product is upgraded (or uninstalled).

Detail: Upgraded systems (specifically OS X) hold a license for the previous anti-virus version, as well as the upgraded version. So each upgraded client consumes two licenses.

Description: Cannot search or filter by product version

Detail: We have a need to deactivate licenses for specific older product versions. The console does not allow to search by product version, nor sort by product version. There is no simple way to filter for a specific product version.

• 1 month later...

A wish for the suspend function.

Is it possible to get an additional suspend feature where the suspention can be set to an date and automaticly suspend the licens on that date.

As it is now we set the suspention date in a calender and need to remember to suspend it.

Regards

Thomas