Jump to content

Eset Protect - gets stuck while updating to v9


WebGreg
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello.

After logging in, I click on: Help > Update product > Update button. After that I'm logged out and ... that's it.

The file EraServerInstaller.log ends with records:

2021-11-28 16:13:38 Information: Installer: Copying installer to target destination: /opt/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Server/setup/installer_backup.sh
2021-11-28 16:13:38 Information: Installer: File ownership set to: root:root
2021-11-28 16:13:38 Information: Installer: Setting auto-start service.
2021-11-28 16:13:38 Information: Installer: Generating Xauthority token.

From that date I cannot log in and no new entries have appeared. 

My support recommended starting with a new virtual machine, but I would not really like to update products this way. Any hints?

 

 

ESET PROTECT (Server), Version 8.1 (8.1.2209.0)
ESET PROTECT (Web Console), Version 8.1 (8.1.221.0)

CentOS (64-bit), Version 7.9.200

 

Database info:
DB Name: era_db
DB Version: MySQL 5.6.50
DB Size: 252MB
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Staff

I would recommend to open support ticket in case i has not been done in the meantime.

Also could you please provide more details of what kind of environment this is? Is it ESET PROTECT Appliance? If so, there is possibility to deploy new virtual machine with migrated data in case there won't be any other solutions. In case appliance was deployed longer time ago, or it is completely custom server, could you verify "xauth" command is present in the system? It is responsible/user for generating XAuthority tokens that is the last message in the log.
But to diagnose this issue, could you please check whether tomcat and eraserver services are actually running on the system? Or console is running and is upgrade, but login fails. In case eraserver service is not running, checking trace.log might provide more details.
Also running installation repair by executing installer script:

/opt/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Server/setup/installer_backup.sh --skip-license

might helps, even it would be very rare - but at least it will possibly show different error mesage, especially in case script is interrupted or stopped with some external reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hi @MartinK

I have no problem updating e.g. from version 8.0 to 8.1 - it works. The problem is with the jump from e.g. 7 to 8 and now - 8 to 9.

Nobody replied for several days, so yes - I deployed a new machine and migrated the data. But it's a bit annoying that with each such update I have to install a new machine.

Thank you.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Staff
6 hours ago, WebGreg said:

Hi @MartinK

I have no problem updating e.g. from version 8.0 to 8.1 - it works. The problem is with the jump from e.g. 7 to 8 and now - 8 to 9.

Nobody replied for several days, so yes - I deployed a new machine and migrated the data. But it's a bit annoying that with each such update I have to install a new machine.

Thank you.

 

 

Unfortunately this seems to be hard to diagnose without detailed logs - from description it seems that is some more generic problem with upgrade itself, but in case PROTECT or ESMC Appliance as used, there is a minimal chance it will be related to it directly, but I would guess it might be related to data present in database or configuration of virtual machine in terms of available resources (disk size, RAM) - in case there is a lot of data, upgrade might take more resources than actually available and resulting in repeated failure or even in inconsistent state of database, preventing even another upgrade attempts...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...