Android App Floating Eset Symbol

Hi all, can someone please tell me how to turn off the ESET symbol on my android device's screen. Not the ESET app icon but the slightly irritating floating symbol as per the attached screenshot. When i select it nothing happens anyway so i can't see any reason for it.

ed3975b3-b85d-4b1b-b11b-0761b6348e32.jpg

• Administrators

If you have a non-default launcher installed, try uninstalling it. Should the problem persist, raise a support ticket via the built-in support form and let logs to be submitted for perusal.

• 1 month later...
On 11/29/2021 at 8:23 PM, Marcos said:

If you have a non-default launcher installed, try uninstalling it. 

I also have this problem and no I'm not using a custom launcher on my pixel 5

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, Dithmonin said:

I also have this problem and no I'm not using a custom launcher on my pixel 5

Then open a support ticket using the built-in form please.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Same happened to me, on the Pixel 6 pro. Brand new phone pretty much, no launchers or nothing on it, sent in a report no reply yet. Will update when I hear something. I'll probably uninstall if it isn't fixable in the next 24 hours because it's already been in my way at least 15 times in 30 minutes of usage.

Screenshot_20220423-123656.png

Edited by Sannestia
Adding screenshot as example as well for other people to find solution easier because of keywords and photo names in forum posts

• Most Valued Members
On 4/23/2022 at 6:36 PM, Sannestia said:

Same happened to me, on the Pixel 6 pro. Brand new phone pretty much, no launchers or nothing on it, sent in a report no reply yet. Will update when I hear something. I'll probably uninstall if it isn't fixable in the next 24 hours because it's already been in my way at least 15 times in 30 minutes of usage.

Screenshot_20220423-123656.png

Did you use the apps buit in form and did you get an automated email with a ticket number? If so share that on here.

I did think I saw this once and disabled it myself but can't find it now. My notifications for eset where all on apart from always on but turning that on didn't do anything.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, I just wanted to confirm how I fixed this issue. Like they said somewhere above you can disable the button in your android settings at least by doing the following:

Go to your phone settings application > Choose the 'apps' section > Scroll down to ESET Mobile Security > Inside the ESET app settings pick the 'permissions' option > In here by default there should be something along the lines of 'allowed to be shown over other apps.' Turn this setting off.

That should be it, but I had to restart my phone afterwards before the icon went away completely. If anyone has questions I will try to answer just let me know. Also I have the Google Pixel 6 Pro as a phone in case you wanted that information.

- Sann

• Administrators

Don't turn off the Accessibility permissions for ESET or you'll lose some protection features, such as anti-phishing in browsers.

Go to settings > accessibility > accessibility shortcuts > accessibility button. 

Click on Location and change it to Navigation bar. 

This is an android feature. 

Unfortunately it puts a little man in your navigation bar but he doesn't bother you if you don't bother him :P