Notifications off completely off?

Heviukko

Hello there,

Can those notifications be turned off completely if so? By the way, I haven't gotten them when I restart my computer over and over again. Would there be any other solution to this problem? And does that program protect the machine even though it shows that ACTION REQUIRED? Attached is a screenshot. 🤔

Juha

ILMOITUKSET.jpg

Assuming your device has full Internet connectivity, you should not be receiving the LiveGrid alert. LiveGrid is a necessary Eset protection feature.  Did you either not select the LiveGrid option at Eset installation time or disable it later?

6 minutes ago, itman said:

Assuming your device has full Internet connectivity, you should not be receiving the LiveGrid alert. LiveGrid is a necessary Eset protection feature.  Did you either not select the LiveGrid option at Eset installation time or disable it later?

Thanks for the quick response.
Yes I have a full internet connection. I did not remove it during installation. Can it be removed afterwards? In addition, ESET announces a limited cloud service. Can I get those notifications out?

Verify that nothing is blocking outbound access by ekrn.exe to the following ports/protocols:

To use the online reputation database (ESET LiveGrid):

• Ensure the following ports are open: TCP 80, TCP 53535, UDP 53535
  • The IP addresses below have to be enabled for HTTP port 80
  • Access to your local DNS server is required for DNS queries on UDP port 53

https://support.eset.com/en/kb332-ports-and-addresses-required-to-use-your-eset-product-with-a-third-party-firewall#esetlivegrid

Are you using a VPN?

Edited by itman

2 hours ago, itman said:

Verify that nothing is blocking outbound access by ekrn.exe to the following ports/protocols:

https://support.eset.com/en/kb332-ports-and-addresses-required-to-use-your-eset-product-with-a-third-party-firewall#esetlivegrid

Are you using a VPN?

Yes I use a VPN

47 minutes ago, Heviukko said:

Yes I use a VPN

A few users are currently having LiveGrid connectivity issues when using a VPN. Follow the procedure given in this posting: https://forum.eset.com/topic/30389-cant-acess-live-grid-error/?do=findComment&comment=142992 .

You can send the logs requested in the procedure to @Marcos via forum private message to him. If the logs archive exceeds the maximum size allowed by the forum, you will have to upload it to a file sharing web site. Then private message @Marcos the file sharing provided download link for the archive.

Edited by itman

1 hour ago, itman said:

A few users are currently having LiveGrid connectivity issues when using a VPN. Follow the procedure given in this posting: https://forum.eset.com/topic/30389-cant-acess-live-grid-error/?do=findComment&comment=142992 .

You can send the logs requested in the procedure to @Marcos via forum private message to him. If the logs archive exceeds the maximum size allowed by the forum, you will have to upload it to a file sharing web site. Then private message @Marcos the file sharing provided download link for the archive.

How do I save and download logs?

57 minutes ago, Heviukko said:

How do I save and download logs?

Refer to step 3. in the link I posted previously. In that step is a link on how to download and use Eset Log Collector. Select the Custom option for the Log profile. Then add the .txt files previously created to the archive.

11 hours ago, itman said:

Refer to step 3. in the link I posted previously. In that step is a link on how to download and use Eset Log Collector. Select the Custom option for the Log profile. Then add the .txt files previously created to the archive.

Thanks. For trying to make the files for that early week. I'll send them then.

On 11/28/2021 at 11:44 AM, Marcos said:

You can also upload the txt files here together with the archive with ESET Log Collector logs. Txt files are allowed to be uploaded.

Now a couple of days ago VPN has been on so now there are no more notifications.