Guys, I was repairing the windows 11 task manager is getting between 12% to 17.7%, after I installed version 15 of the ESET products.

image.png.f8859b727b77c01c9af72b982f890bb3.png

I went to do other tests, removed ESET and installed Kaspersky the consumption of Task Manager reduction to 0.1% 2%.
Looking at these data, the Processing consumption that ESET is using is very high.

What do I have to do to reduce this consumption?

1 hour ago, New_Style_xd said:

Guys, I was repairing the windows 11 task manager is getting between 12% to 17.7%, after I installed version 15 of the ESET products.

image.png.f8859b727b77c01c9af72b982f890bb3.png

I went to do other tests, removed ESET and installed Kaspersky the consumption of Task Manager reduction to 0.1% 2%.
Looking at these data, the Processing consumption that ESET is using is very high.

What do I have to do to reduce this consumption?

I did the test of ESET INTERNET SECURITY from my computer, look how much the percentage was 0.4%.

image.png.89f862425907d89ee6dd553ee61df486.png

Based on this issue I will be without ESET until fixed.

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, New_Style_xd said:

I did the test of ESET INTERNET SECURITY from my computer, look how much the percentage was 0.4%.

image.png.89f862425907d89ee6dd553ee61df486.png

Based on this issue I will be without ESET until fixed.

I'm confused - you posted a second image showing it as 0.4 - is this on the same computer as if not it appears the issue has fixed. Not sure if you missed something out

9 hours ago, peteyt said:

I'm confused - you posted a second image showing it as 0.4 - is this on the same computer as if not it appears the issue has fixed. Not sure if you missed something out

The second post. I put it because I removed the antivirus from ESET and went back to consuming less than before.
The first image had the eset installed and it consumed more,
The second image was after I removed the eset, and it went back to consuming little.

• 1 month later...

Could someone out there help me?
I made the post no one else answered to clear my doubts.
I will explain again.
Guys, I was checking the Windows 11 task manager which is between 12% and 17.7% after I installed version 15 of the ESET products.
I uninstalled ESET from my computer, see how much the percentage was 0.4%. the images above shows.

Why when I have ESET installed on my machine the WINDOWS TASK MANAGER is consuming more than usual?

Edited by New_Style_xd

• Most Valued Members
On 12/28/2021 at 9:51 PM, New_Style_xd said:

Look how much you're consuming right now. =(

image.png.30e7e2b4ae11dd8aa1b3f20b5ac5968f.png

What do I do?

Are you also noticing any slowdowns or just that it is showing this in taskmanager. Have you tried enabling pre release updates to see if it makes any difference.

I'd recommend opening a support ticket or maybe generating some logs. @Marcosmight be able to help more but will need logs. I don't have any experience with windows 11 myself and never noticed this on windows 10

On 12/30/2021 at 9:02 AM, peteyt said:

Are you also noticing any slowdowns or just that it is showing this in taskmanager. Have you tried enabling pre release updates to see if it makes any difference.

I'd recommend opening a support ticket or maybe generating some logs. @Marcosmight be able to help more but will need logs. I don't have any experience with windows 11 myself and never noticed this on windows 10

@peteyt 

I changed it to the pre-version it works with low consumption, now my pc is much better consuming less processing.
I would like to know why eset doesn't set it as a default for all users to have a pre version instead of the regular one?

What's the real difference between pre launch and regular?

• Most Valued Members
38 minutes ago, New_Style_xd said:

Why is this fix not yet released to all users?

Pre-launch is for testing purposes , most users are set to regular updates

Pre-launch is given to users who changed the update settings to Pre-launch so they can test the modules before they are publicly released to all users, they tend to do that to minimize problems , because if there was a new module and it was released straight to regular and for example it had a problem , it would impact all ESET users

Pre-launch can save ESET from situations like this.

• Most Valued Members
11 hours ago, New_Style_xd said:

@peteyt 

I changed it to the pre-version it works with low consumption, now my pc is much better consuming less processing.
I would like to know why eset doesn't set it as a default for all users to have a pre version instead of the regular one?

What's the real difference between pre launch and regular?

As Nightowl has mentioned pre release updates are usually for fixes, but they need user feedback before they are released.

Eset does recommend it enabled for general users but not if this is a work machine. Like most companies they have quality control and will have tested this but there's so many computer configurations and they can't test them all. Pre release is there to see if it helps and if there's any issues

10 hours ago, peteyt said:

As Nightowl has mentioned pre release updates are usually for fixes, but they need user feedback before they are released.

Eset does recommend it enabled for general users but not if this is a work machine. Like most companies they have quality control and will have tested this but there's so many computer configurations and they can't test them all. Pre release is there to see if it helps and if there's any issues

So I'm worried because I use my machine for work it's set to pre launch because if I leave it as regular I'll have the problem as I said above, the CPU usage is too high.
My question is, when will this fix be released for folks setting up for regular updates?

• Most Valued Members
13 hours ago, New_Style_xd said:

So I'm worried because I use my machine for work it's set to pre launch because if I leave it as regular I'll have the problem as I said above, the CPU usage is too high.
My question is, when will this fix be released for folks setting up for regular updates?

You should be fine I think it's more business users that need to worry and no idea sadly.

• Administrators

HIPS module 1427 has already been released for general public yesterday so you can switch to the regular update channel.

However, we recommend using the pre-release update channel on all but mission critical or work machines. Modules on the pre-release update channel have passed QA tests and later they are virtually always released for general public without changes. With pre-release modules you have always an option to switch to regular updates should an issue occur. This is not possible when using regular updates and a fix is not yet available.

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

HIPS module 1427 has already been released for general public yesterday so you can switch to the regular update channel.

However, we recommend using the pre-release update channel on all but mission critical or work machines. Modules on the pre-release update channel have passed QA tests and later they are virtually always released for general public without changes. With pre-release modules you have always an option to switch to regular updates should an issue occur. This is not possible when using regular updates and a fix is not yet available.

Good morning, I just updated my product with HIPS 1424.
As you informed yesterday it was released to the public, but I did an update here and it didn't arrive.
Is it normal for everyone to take a long time?

Eset's KB article on pre-release updating: https://support.eset.com/en/kb3415-enable-pre-release-updates-in-eset-windows-home-products . Of note:

Pre-release updates are updates that have been thoroughly tested and will be released soon. Enabling pre-release updates gives access to the most recent detection methods and fixes; however, pre-release updates might not be stable enough at all times, so you should always revert to using normal updates once an issue is resolved.

• Administrators

I see the problem now, the module has been released for all products but v15-release. I've notified the HIPS developer to look into it and release it also on v15 regular update channel.

• Most Valued Members
18 hours ago, Marcos said:

I see the problem now, the module has been released for all products but v15-release. I've notified the HIPS developer to look into it and release it also on v15 regular update channel.

The link Itman showed seems to conflict with what is said on the forums about leaving pre release updates enabled. I presume this is for safety 

Edited by peteyt

3 hours ago, peteyt said:

The link Itman showed seems to conflict with what is said on the forums about leaving pre release updates enabled. I presume this is for safety 

Does that really make it confusing, if it's good to leave it in the pre-version or Regular?

when I talk about leaving, and really leaving forever. now which of the two options?

Edited by New_Style_xd