Move Client on the EP Cloud To EP On-Premise

• ESET Staff

In case it is just one client (does it mean 1 device?), I would recommend to just re-install using EP installer. In case EP 9.0 is used, the same version of AGENT will be used and thus installation repair will work, i.e. it won't be even required to uninstall components prior to use of EP installer.

Edited by MartinK

This solution can apply when clients have 1 or 10 computers, But it's can not apply when more clients because we don't repair manual or deployment again it takes time.

Do we have another way of doing it?

• ESET Staff

Hello, migration from "cloud" to "on prem" has not been addressed from the usability point of view, as this is perceived as something that is not likely to happen. Can you maybe provide reasoning, why someone wants to migrate from ESET PROTECT Cloud to on-premises hosted PROTECT server? 

• 1 month later...

Hi MitchalJ,

I can answer as to why im needing to it.

I have been on ESET cloud for almost a year but im needing to move back to on-prem because i want to use Enterprise Inspector. I know that the cloud version of Enterprise Inspector was meant to be released Q4 of last year however as it hasnt been released im needing to move back to on-prem.

It would also be nice if we could have ESET Cloud servers in different regions, there are firms who cant have any of their data leave Australia (where im based) and it appears the ESET Cloud server is hosted in the US, so another reason why im needing to move it back on-prem.

Cheers

• ESET Staff

Thank you @Empty for your response. 

ESET INSPECT Cloud (new name of Enterprise Inspector) should reach general availability by end of Q1. We are already running early access program with selected customers, to tweak the product in production before general release. 

With regards to the datacenter location, you are right, we currently do not offer data center in Australia. How many clients do you have, that you would like to move? I will sync with the team hear, if we can´t put together a step-by-step guide. However, one warning upfront -  your data (previous detections, policy assignments, etc) will be lost, during this transition. 

• ESET Insiders
14 hours ago, MichalJ said:

Thank you @Empty for your response. 

ESET INSPECT Cloud (new name of Enterprise Inspector) should reach general availability by end of Q1. We are already running early access program with selected customers, to tweak the product in production before general release. 

With regards to the datacenter location, you are right, we currently do not offer data center in Australia. How many clients do you have, that you would like to move? I will sync with the team hear, if we can´t put together a step-by-step guide. However, one warning upfront -  your data (previous detections, policy assignments, etc) will be lost, during this transition. 

Hello @MichalJ

I am running into the same dilemma.  We just moved from OnPrem to the cloud, but we also upgraded our license for the ESET ENTERPRISE INSPECTOR.

Is there any way I could get in on the early access program to at least get a feel for this prior to full public release?  Please let me know. Hoping @Marcoscan vouch for me.

Cheers!

• ESET Staff

Hello @Trooper Can you please share with me your license details via private message. I will get in touch with the Early Access Team, to check, whether we still have capacity to handle additional customers.  As said, the GA release is some 10 weeks away at this moment. 

Do you have any previous experience with running our EDR on-premises, or it will be your first "touch" with the product? 

• ESET Insiders

I certainly can.  This will be my first time running EDR.  When we upgraded from on Prem to the Cloud late last year, we were told that the Cloud version of EDR was going to be out Q4 2021.

So we moved to the cloud knowing we would be able get the cloud version of EDR.

It is an issue now at my company since our new insurance provider for our premises includes protections (or proof thereof) for ransomware, 2FA, and now Log4j2.  This part of our IT environment is new (having to answer for, show proof of, protection, etc to a third party company).  So having to wait until end of Q1 won't be good.  If we can at least gain access to test for a bit to show them what we are doing and what we will be implementing, should suffice.

I will send you a PM now so we can discuss further.

Thanks!