ESET Endpoint Auto Switch Policy When Change The Network

Sokun168

In my network I have firewall device for protect on the gateway, So when client connect my network I want to assign a policy for protect on the client PC, And when client connect to out site network I have a policy for more protect on the client PC.

Currently I use EP On-premise.

ESET Endpoint can do it or not? How to do it?

For this solution, we can not use for EP On-premise because when a client connects to another network client it will not connect to management, So policy can not assign.

We have another way?

Edited by Sokun168

But when clients connect outside the network or out the office and we use EP On-premise, Client will be no change to Dynamic Group, So the policy doesn't assign to the client also.

• Administrators
On 11/25/2021 at 8:35 AM, Sokun168 said:

But when clients connect outside the network or out the office and we use EP On-premise, Client will be no change to Dynamic Group, So the policy doesn't assign to the client also.

The membership in DG would be updated even outside your company's network because it's evaluated by agent installed on clients, not on the server.

It still works even though I use ESET Protect on-premises. really?

I think you don't get me.

For Example, I have two policy 

Policy1(Internal): Not block.

Policy2(External): I have a block USB and websites.

When the clients connected my the company network, clients will be not block ( policy1)

When the client's connected outside the company network, clients will be blocked USB and some websites ( policy2).

But we use ESET Management Center On-Premise.

ESET can do it? How to do it?

Edited by Sokun168

• Administrators

If you have dynamic groups based on network properties and they change as the device roams, agent installed on the client will re-evaluate the membership in dynamic groups and will move the machine to the appropriate DG and apply the policy that is assigned to the particular DG.