Issues On Doing Remote Install From Console For Eset Security

fahadkt

Hi,

currently am doing an ESET Security installation (Replacing Eset AV) am a facing a strang issue on remote deployment ( no issues on normal installation on any PC) :

1. installation task keep showing in-progress even if installation is completed or requiring restart .
  2. on some PCs i can see the ESET installed but does not have the configuration loaded and the AV os not loaded, additionally if i restart it removes it self! i cant see in program files neither add/remove and on console it says installing !.

if anyone have clue or hint where should i check i would be graetfull.

BR

Hello fahadkt,

Please describe your current situation:

• You say you are doing an ESET Security installation. Which product and version are you installing?
  • You say you are replacing ESET AV. Which product and version do you have installed?
  • How many systems have this issue? Have any succeeded?
  • Have you tried running the installation on a local system, instead of using the Remote Administrator (ERA)?

In addition, please ensure the ERA server service is configured to use a Domain Administrator account’s credentials. For your reference on this procedure, please see this Knowledgebase article: Push install status stays on "waiting" in ESET Remote Administrator.

Finally, please gather some logs from one of the systems you are trying to upgrade using the Push Install. Please follow the steps below and PM me the results. You should not attach the files to a reply to this post, as they may contain sensitive information about your system and network.

1. Gather an ESET SysInspector Log from the ERA server. For directions on this process, please click or copy/paste the following ESET Knowledgebase article into your web browser:
    How do I create a Sysinspector log and submit it to ESET Customer Care for analysis?
  2. Gather an ESET SysInspector Log from the system you will upgrade using the Push Install.
  3. Run a Push Install Diagnostic to the system and save the results. For directions on this process, please click or copy/paste the following ESET Knowledgebase article into your web browser:
    How do I run a push install diagnostic in ESET Remote Administrator and submit it to ESET Customer Care?
  4. Run the Push Install to the same system. Gather the diagnostic logs from the Push Install, using the steps below:
    1. Click the Remote Install tab at the bottom right of ESET Remote Administrator Console and then click the Install Tasks pane. Your Push Install task will be displayed in the Task Name column.
    2. Double-click the task, click the Details tab and click View All Logs.
    3. Click Copy to Clipboard. Open a blank file in Notepad, right-click and select Paste from the context menu. Save the file to your Desktop.
  5. Compress all four of these files (SysInspector log from the ERA server, SysInspector log from the workstation, Push Install Diagnostic log, and Push Install log) into a zipped folder.
  6. Send me a PM with this zipped file attached. You should not attach the files to a reply to this thread, as they may contain sensitive information about your system and network.

Thank you,

ChadH