Eset live grid servers cannot be reached

Hi, aftar starting to use Mullvad VPN recently, I noticed this happening all the time:

I use Mullvad with its wireguard. 

Please fix this. 

image.png.6bc7250b2b3448ad15a33b058eaa7488.png

I have a similar problem. I just installed expressvpn here in Toronto. After a while I got the "... LiveGrid servers cannot be reached" message. At one point, I turned off expressvpn and, after a while, LiveGrid started working again. At this moment, turning the ESET GUI off and on does not help. I am pretty sure a PC restart will clear the message. In my case I can cope with this by only using the VPN when I really need it.

14 minutes ago, r1man said:

I will switch to Kaspersky if this is not going to be fixed soon.

You can try to create a split-tunnel and then exclude ekrn.exe from Mullvad VPN and include it in the split-tunnel. How to do this is here: https://mullvad.net/en/help/split-tunneling-with-the-mullvad-app/

Appears that Eset LiveGrid doesn't like perhaps the DNS servers Mullvad is using.

Ive got another thread going, got a first reply really fast but it seems nothing since, im using OpenVPN but im not 100% sure this is connected, seems mine has DNS problems, could you check your logs?

Thats how mine look like

16 hours ago, itman said:

Appears that Eset LiveGrid doesn't like perhaps the DNS servers Mullvad is using.

Can Eset team negotiate that with Mullvad?

16 hours ago, New_Style_xd said:

I was curious to know why always KASPERSKY?

If you look at AV-Comparatives you will see why. 

18 hours ago, itman said:

You can try to create a split-tunnel and then exclude ekrn.exe from Mullvad VPN and include it in the split-tunnel. How to do this is here: https://mullvad.net/en/help/split-tunneling-with-the-mullvad-app/

Dear @itman Mullvad support told me this:

We do not block any websites or services with the exception of port 25 to avoid email spamming.If you're having issues reaching certain sites I would recommend trying to disable any DNS blockers which might be active (In our app you can check this in the settings "Block trackers" or "Block ads").

And the fact is that in their app, I did not enable those settings. Thank you.

• Administrators

Please carry on as follows (posted also in https://forum.eset.com/topic/30389-cant-acess-live-grid-error/ )

1, When VPN is off:
- enable advanced antispam logging and reboot the machine
- run:
nslookup i4.c.eset.com > without_VPN1.txt
ipconfig /all >without_VPN2.txt

2, Turn on VPN
- write down the system time
- after a while run:
nslookup i4.c.eset.com > with_VPN1.txt
ipconfig /all >with_VPN2.txt
- stop logging

3, Collect logs with ESET Log Collector. Add without_VPN1.txt, without_VPN2.txt, with_VPN1.txt and with_VPN2.txt to the archive. Provide me with the generated archive. Enclose also the time when you turned on VPN.

Here's how to test LiveGrid connectivity per https://support.eset.com/en/kb5552-enable-or-disable-eset-livegrid .

If one can pass this test, then connectivity to Eset LiveGrid servers exists.

Test that ESET LiveGrid® is enabled

Your company firewall may block ESET LiveGrid® communications, so you should verify that it is enabled and working properly.

1. Visit the AMTSO testing organization webpage.

2. Download CloudCar Testfile with the cloudcar.exe test file.

If ESET LiveGrid® is enabled and working properly, the file will open on ESET’s servers and will be blocked. The file will not be downloaded onto your computer, and the following message will be displayed:

KB5552Fig1-1c.png

Edited by itman

• Administrators

We recommend keeping both the LiveGrid reputation and feedback systems enabled. The above setting also  affects detection (including the Ransomware shield) and cleaning.

The best would be if you could reproduce the issue, follow my instructions above and provide the logs.

54 minutes ago, r1man said:

But I also disabled this setting below, is that okay?

What the setting does:

Enable ESET LiveGrid® feedback system

In addition to the ESET LiveGrid® reputation system, ESET LiveGrid® feedback system will collect information about your computer related to newly detected threats. This information may include:

Sample or copy of the file in which the threat appeared

Path to the file

Filename

Date and time

The process by which the threat appeared on your computer

Information about your computer's operating system

By default, ESET Internet Security is configured to submit suspicious files to the ESET Virus Lab for detailed analysis. Files with specific extensions such as .doc or .xls are always excluded. You can also add other extensions if there are specific files that you or your organization want to avoid sending.

https://help.eset.com/eis/15/en-US/idh_config_charon.html

With the setting disabled, it will prevent Eset from detecting new threats and mitigate them. As far as impact on base LiveGrid protection, it has no direct impact since LiveGrid is white/black list based.

BTW - Please don't post the same question in multiple forum threads.

Edited by itman