ESET Smart Security Premium - Live Guard

What a crock!  I have just disabled this feature as it's such a blunt instrument.  I downloaded a new version of a small utility I've used for years and after 10 minutes I still couldn't install it as Live Guard was still analysing it.  Guess what? Live Guard has now been disabled.  When downloading a file there needs to be an option to bypass/ignore Live Guard for those niche programs that most advanced users will use.  'Analysis' against a database will always cause issues/delays for these niche programs.

• Most Valued Members

10 minutes seems a very long time from my personal experience. The very few files that have been sent from my computer are generally examined and returned within 2-3 minutes. There is also an option in the pop up to ignore and continue.

2 hours ago, Skier said:

When downloading a file there needs to be an option to bypass/ignore Live Guard for those niche programs that most advanced users will use.  'Analysis' against a database will always cause issues/delays for these niche programs.

There is such an option:

Exclusions

The Exclusion filter allows you to exclude files/folders from submission (for example, it may be useful to exclude files that may carry confidential information, such as documents or spreadsheets). The files listed will never be sent to ESET labs for analysis, even if they contain suspicious code. The most common file types are excluded by default (.doc, etc.). You can add to the list of excluded files if desired.

example

To exclude files downloaded from download.domain.com, navigate to Advanced setup > Detection Engine > Cloud-based protection > Submission of samples and click Edit next to Exclusions. Add the exclusion .download.domain.com.

Edited by itman