Can NOD32 block functionality of an app on internet?

Shampaine

An online app that I have been using for a year, similar to Vimeo, and called Frame.io, stopped working in early Nov. It stopped on both my desktop and laptop -both have NOD Antivirus. Yet it works on other computers that don't have the Antivirus. I have tried every possible fix (changed browsers, cleared cache, got technical support from frame.io etc) and can only think that the Antivirus is blocking the video player at Frame.io after a recent Antivirus update. How can I unblock a website app. Or make sure that the antivirus accepts it. 

When I try to play a video or download a video on my site, it just buffers and stops working. Any suggestions? thanks, Leslie

https://app.frame.io/player

• Administrators

We'll try to reproduce the issue on our side to find out if the application's communication complies with the standards.

In the mean time you could probably work around the issue by switching the SSL scanner to interactive mode:

image.png

When prompted about the appropriate certificate, select "Remember action for this certificate" and click Ignore:

image.png

For other SSL communication you can leave "Ask every time" selected and click Scan. Finally switch the SSL scanner back to Automatic mode.

I would appreciate it if you can look into why this particular online app is blocked. I use it everyday for my work, and it hard to use the Interactive mode. probably easier to turn on and off, when I use the app. is there not a way to always allow frame.io so it's not blocked? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I was able to get this website to work on my desktop, by adjusting the settings, but now I cannot get access to the website on my laptop. I have recreated what I did on laptop but I am still not getting in. any suggestions? thanks

On 11/22/2021 at 12:31 PM, Shampaine said:

But I turned it back on. how do I exclude the location: https://app.frame.io/

I have no issues accessing this web site using latest ver. of EIS in latest ver. of Firefox. Note that the site displays a logon on web page.