Question about automatic license renewal

Hello! Purchased a lifetime license for ESET Mobile Security. There is a receipt confirming the purchase. After the expiration of a five-year period from the moment of activation, automatic re-registration did not occur. Contacting the Russian representative office (support@esetnod32.ru) and the head of ESET in Russia and the CIS, through the feedback form (https://www.esetnod32.ru/feedback/from_director/) did not bring any results. Tech support writes: Your appeal No. SR00173554 has been taken into operation. Your appeal No. SR00171928 has been taken into account. Two weeks passed, and silence. Repeated requests to technical support are closed without explanation. I ask for help in solving this issue.

• Administrators

First of all, ESET does not sell life-time licenses. A typical license duration is 1 or 2 years. Only the freemium license for ESET Mobile Security with limited features is perpetual.

You can try calling ESET Russia support. The phone number is available at https://www.esetnod32.ru/support/

1 hour ago, mioqah said:

On the territory of Russia, such licenses are sold in large electronics stores (including boxed versions).

Here is one example .

It's actually a 5 year license; see below screen shot. I don't know what "free renewal" means but suspect it's a marketing ploy. All it means is you can renew for free (that's a given) but you will have to pay for a new license when the existing 5 year license term expires.

Eset_License.thumb.png.aa7cd2548fc2cf87e0752ab958fb6cf0.png

Edited by itman

4 hours ago, Marcos said:

Please provide your existing public license ID in the form of XXX-XXX-XXX.

You can find in in the EMS menu -> License.

3AA-BDE-RSE

3AA-BKE-N4H

Edited by mioqah

4 hours ago, itman said:

It's actually a 5 year license; see below screen shot. I don't know what "free renewal" means but suspect it's a marketing ploy. All it means is you can renew for free (that's a given) but you will have to pay for a new license when the existing 5 year license term expires.

Alas, this is a massive deception of buyers. 1, 2, 3.

• Most Valued Members
16 hours ago, mioqah said:

Alas, this is a massive deception of buyers. 1, 2, 3.

The problem is the site appears not to be an official Eset site and so you'd have to contact the site. Is the site well known?

I prefer to buy boxed versions of ESET products. The box directly says "Perpetual license for 1 device. The license starts from the moment of activation. With this kit, the user can activate a new license for 5 years for one device with the right to renew the license for an unlimited period of time. transition to a new version of a similar product ESET NOD32 ".

IMG_20211121_202026.jpg

IMG_20211121_202034.jpg

Edited by mioqah

7 hours ago, peteyt said:

The problem is the site appears not to be an official Eset site and so you'd have to contact the site. Is the site well known?

These are very large and well-known online and offline stores.

• Most Valued Members
55 minutes ago, mioqah said:

These are very large and well-known online and offline stores.

Are all the items sold by the company or by users? I ask this as often people have bought licenses from Amazon to find the user had oversold it e.g. it was a license for one user but sold to multiple users. This is why it's always recommended to buy directly 

Best thing as I mentioned previously is to contact that site

3 hours ago, mioqah said:

I prefer to buy boxed versions of ESET products. The box directly says "Perpetual license for 1 device. The license starts from the moment of activation. With this kit, the user can activate a new license for 5 years for one device with the right to renew the license for an unlimited period of time. transition to a new version of a similar product ESET NOD32 ".

Checking Eset's Worldwide Authorized Partners web site, there is only one authorized web site for Russia. That is the Eset Russian eStore web site which link was posted in a previous reply.

Purchasing an Eset license from any other Russian web site is at your own peril as to license validity. If Eset for any reason decides to cancel licenses issued by these web sites whether via download, card key, or boxed version, your only recourse is through the site where originally purchased.

Thanks everyone for the help! ESET Russia technical support has replaced the keys with new ones.

2021-11-23_212316.jpg

Edited by mioqah

On 11/21/2021 at 6:21 PM, mioqah said:

The box directly says "Perpetual license for 1 device. The license starts from the moment of activation. With this kit, the user can activate a new license for 5 years for one device with the right to renew the license for an unlimited period of time.

If you translate that marketing speech into normal everyday talk. You will see it is all puff for easy marketing that doesn't cost them anything. Basically they know that the vast majority of people won't keep the same mobile device for 5 years. So it will be a lifetime license for the device not the user. Even if someone does still have the same mobile device after 5 years the battery will very likely be in very bad shape and not be holding a charge for very long. 

So I would be cautious in the future of services offering lifetime licenses.