Panda, Out Of No Where, Making Strides.

Arakasi

Panda Security was reformed and increase actual technology but this dosent mean that will obtain very good results in other tests.

Hope that Eset with V8 will have a top position in next test result.

They had a ridiculous discussion about this on another forum. Some members insists on that the more the vendors pay the better the results will be in these tests (even if the amount is the same for all vendors obviously), that is what they believe, but they have no facts to back it up. 

• Administrators

As I say, to measure how good products are in real world, ask technicians about their experience with various antivirus programs. They know how much time they've spent to fix issues of users having a particular av installed so they should know best. Also one could ask malware writers to find out which AV is most difficult to evade :)

I would probably have big problems when it comes to trusting a malware writer in anything he might say.

So let's say Kaspersky pays 10,000 to get 100% in a "test" and ESET pay 9,800 to get 98% etc etc... 

People that believe that's how it is in the testing industry should just show us some proof instead of just talking about it as soon as a new test is released. Or marketing in this case.

I continue with a pinch of salt until I see some proof, it have worked fine this far.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

I know a few of the researchers at Panda Security, and they do top-notch work.

There are a lot of bad testers out there.

There are a lot of good testers out there.

If you are interested in the various ways in which anti-malware companies and reviewers can manipulate each other, cheat, lie and otherwise distort results, might I suggest the following video: Truth or Spin in AV Testing?. It is one hour long.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

• 3 weeks later...

I know what forum you speak of. It is a forum filled with young kids. Early teens. Most of them are using their parents pc as a malware testing environment. They install a free VM and post YouTube videos. They throw 10-15 malicious URL's at something every 2-3 seconds. Then see how many it detects. Rather dumb I say. When they test Panda Free they see it failing. But yet AV.Test, AV Comparatives and VB 100 rate it 99%. AV Comparatives gives it a 100%. So then these young teens insist that Panda is paying off all these companies and making themselves look better. Bottom line is nothing is 100% effective. Everything will let something in someday. Best defense is to have a good backup. AV Comparatives gave Kaspersky a product of the year award. Does it mean they paid them off? Did Eset pay them off? No. I have seen computers infected and the customers all had different antiviruses. Keep in mind that most malware infections are self inflicted. The majority of the problem is between the seat and the keyboard.  :D

Eset makes a great product and I stand by it. 

Edited by LabVIEW707

Over the years I have tried several different Antivirus software and I found ESET always excels above the other Antiviruses I used. Whether it be performance or detections, ESET just does it best in my opinion.

When you crank the settings up in ESET, its like unleashing the beast. I have yet to see anything get past it from my own personal real world experiences,

not just talking about my own personal computer, but neighbors computers which kept on getting infections and I recommended for them to purchase ESET in which they did. I haven't heard a phone call from them since, and when I run into them and ask how their computers are running, they are happy.

I never go by any form of internet review source, thats why just about all Antiviruses have 30 day trials, you need to experience it and test it for yourself. Just like buying a pair of shoes, you're going to buy what fits you. :)