License life after purchase

JoeBlack40

Hello everyone,just a quick question.I have 7 month left valid license for the AV that i am currently using and i must say that I found a very good deal on my official ESET Romania website and  i would like to purchase another license for another 2 years.Can i store the license on my ESET account and use it in June 2022 when the old one expires?Thank you guys.

Another option is a sealed boxed/key card license purchase from a reputable retailer. Since those contain the Eset license key, it can be used when the current license is about to expire. Obviously, this type of purchase does have risk. If the license key is invalid, your only recourse is with the purchase source.

Edited by itman

Thank you guys,most appreciated.To bad though....

Another question.If I purchase the license for two years,can licenses be merged?Two years+7 months?

Edited by JoeBlack40

15 minutes ago, JoeBlack40 said:

Another question.If I purchase the license for two years,can licenses be merged?Two years+7 months?

Yes. But only if purchased from your in-country Eset eStore source.

Also, someone I believe posted recently that in Romania, the Eset eStore is run by a third party source. As such, I would verify with them about the addition of existing license time to a new license purchase.

Edited by itman

41 minutes ago, itman said:

Yes. But only if purchased from your in-country Eset eStore source.

Also, someone I believe posted recently that in Romania, the Eset eStore is run by a third party source. As such, I would verify with them about the addition of existing license time to a new license purchase.

Thank you again.It seems pretty official to me and not a third party company.

I think i will step in and make the purchase.

2021-11-13_022950.jpg

Something to mention however....as i mentioned before i already own a 2 year license for the AV.I was reading few minutes ago the mail received in June 2020 and i came across these info.

"a) If you have already installed the type of ESET product purchased: Enter and activate the license key in the product only after the expiration of the existing one, in order to avoid any risk of losing the remaining interval of the old license. The newly purchased license does not lose its validity during the waiting period, its duration of use starts from the activation of the key in the product and not from the moment of its purchase. Recommended activation method in this case: open the product interface, click on Help and Support  Change License. Then go to the section - Enter the license key. Note: It is worth making sure that you are using the latest version of the purchased product. Otherwise, download and install the latest version by accessing www.eset.ro/download-home."............

So,how accurate is this information?

1 hour ago, JoeBlack40 said:

Something to mention however....as i mentioned before i already own a 2 year license for the AV.I was reading few minutes ago the mail received in June 2020 and i came across these info.

"a) If you have already installed the type of ESET product purchased: Enter and activate the license key in the product only after the expiration of the existing one, in order to avoid any risk of losing the remaining interval of the old license. The newly purchased license does not lose its validity during the waiting period, its duration of use starts from the activation of the key in the product and not from the moment of its purchase. Recommended activation method in this case: open the product interface, click on Help and Support  Change License. Then go to the section - Enter the license key. Note: It is worth making sure that you are using the latest version of the purchased product. Otherwise, download and install the latest version by accessing www.eset.ro/download-home."............

So,how accurate is this information?

No the license starts the moment you purchase it. I don’t know any licensed product that allows you to delay the start date.

I mean why all this contradictory informations,why not a simple and a plain info about the licensing? 

Edited by JoeBlack40

8 hours ago, JoeBlack40 said:

If you have already installed the type of ESET product purchased: Enter and activate the license key in the product only after the expiration of the existing one, in order to avoid any risk of losing the remaining interval of the old license.

Again, I believe the Eset seller is Romania is an authorized third party retailer. In doesn't matter what the appearance of their web site displays. They are free to set their own policies pertaining to license purchase and renewal policies.

The above quote clearly indicates that the Eset retailer does not follow the same policies in regards to crediting existing license time to the newly installed license as a purchase made directly from Eset. Therefore, you need to directly contact Eset - Romania in regards to this question. Below is their contact information:

Eset_Contact.thumb.png.dcde80b140feb725b418a32af90b1c46.png

Edited by itman

4 hours ago, itman said:

Again, I believe the Eset seller is Romania is an authorized third party retailer. In doesn't matter what the appearance of their web site displays. They are free to set their own policies pertaining to license purchase and renewal policies.

The above quote clearly indicates that the Eset retailer does not follow the same policies in regards to crediting existing license time to the newly installed license as a purchase made directly from Eset. Therefore, you need to directly contact Eset - Romania in regards to this question. Below is their contact information:

Eset_Contact.thumb.png.dcde80b140feb725b418a32af90b1c46.png

Yep it's the same site i was talking about.Kindly thank you for your support,i will shoot them a question about my little confusion.