Update message after updating to latest version of ESET Protect

Go to solution Solved by MartinK,

Hello,

I just wanted to ask, why do I keep getting message to update to latest version, when I just did that?

I tried to upload a picture, but for some reason, it didn't work. So I'll try to explain it, I'm talking about a classic blue 1 sign in the Help section of the Web console. When I click on help the update product is blue and when I click that I get: New version of ESET PROTECT infrastructure is available.

Thank you in advance.

ESET PROTECT (Server), Version 9.0 (9.0.1144.0)

ESET PROTECT (Web Console), Version 9.0 (9.0.138.0)

Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Standard (64-bit), Version 10.0.17763.2145

I planned a task to update it of course, but I'm sure not all of the computers are done by now. So this message will appear until all of the agents have been updated?

• ESET Staff
  • Solution
4 hours ago, Jacob said:

I planned a task to update it of course, but I'm sure not all of the computers are done by now. So this message will appear until all of the agents have been updated?

No, there must be a different issue. Could you check client details of device where EP Server is installed, whether it is not reporting wrong version of your ESET PROTECT Server? Is this AGENT actually connecting? If not, that might be the reason as version detection relies on version as reported by managing AGENT.
Also previously we have seen this issue triggered by presence of another ESET PROTECT Server instance in the network, but I guess this is not this case as issue was resolved some time ago.

10 minutes ago, MartinK said:

No, there must be a different issue. Could you check client details of device where EP Server is installed, whether it is not reporting wrong version of your ESET PROTECT Server? Is this AGENT actually connecting? If not, that might be the reason as version detection relies on version as reported by managing AGENT.
Also previously we have seen this issue triggered by presence of another ESET PROTECT Server instance in the network, but I guess this is not this case as issue was resolved some time ago.

Thank you for your answer, you were right, there was some problem with the agent on the ESET Protect server, after reinstalling it, everything is fine.