Jump to content

MFA shows old server name - how to fix?


Go to solution Solved by MartinK,

Recommended Posts


I have on-prem ESET Protect v8 (not yet upgraded to v9)


ESET PROTECT (Server), Version 8.1 (8.1.1223.0)
ESET PROTECT (Web Console), Version 8.1 (


When I enable MFA for a user, and they go through the registration process, registration succeeds BUT shows as an old server name in the iPhone app. We previously had the software installed on a server SHVMHOST.ABC.local and it's now on SH01.ABC.local, but the MFA process registers it in the app as "ESET PROTECT Joe Bloggs at SHVMHOST.ABC.local.

How can we change that name to something more friendly, or at least the current name of the server?

Happy to edit via SQL Server if required.

Many thanks.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Staff
  • Solution

I would recommend to start by mentioned SQL and modify server_identificator in the table tbl_servers, but I am not sure this is actually enought for enrollment of mobile devices, but at least is should not breaking anything. Also note that hostname present in this DB table is shown in generated reports.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Martin. It didn't take effect straight away, even after doing MFA reset, but has successfully taken effect once I've restarted Protect Server service.

Many thanks,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...