update authorization failed Please check if your license is valid

fajarbagus

Dear All

recently we encountered the issue of failed update for eset enpoint antivirus windows xp and windows server 2003, the update failed with the message "update authorization failed Please check if your license is valid", and here we are sending the logs from windows server 2003 which failed to update

capture error update.PNG

efsw_logs.zip

Had same issue this morning on one of our standalone clients which went away after reboot.

image.png.86cbbacd9f0f78d76fd269eace157f7b.png

Edited by FRiC
Put text before image

• Administrators
16 hours ago, FRiC said:

Had same issue this morning on one of our standalone clients which went away after reboot.

Is that also the legacy EFSW 6.5? Unfortunately this version didn't support advanced update engine logging so in case the issue continues, I'd recommend raising a support ticket. As I recollect, a logging dll will be necessary to install to generate the desired update logs.

18 hours ago, Marcos said:

Is that also the legacy EFSW 6.5? Unfortunately this version didn't support advanced update engine logging so in case the issue continues, I'd recommend raising a support ticket. As I recollect, a logging dll will be necessary to install to generate the desired update logs.

Nope, for me it's Endpoint Security 8.1. Probably an ESET issue since it went away and I haven't seen it since.

• Administrators

Should the issue recur, please collect advanced logs from a failing update and post ELC logs here immediately since the issue may be gone after some time and we may not be able to find any issues. Also drop me a private message with your public IP address how it seen from outside on the Internet.