how many offline license can i use, and it is legal ?

i have bought a license for 5 computers

but my network have more than 200 pc

is it legal use one online license on a server , and is there is a limit ?

and install eset with offline license and get updates from my server ?

and is there is a way to merge the offline license with installer the i will use to deploy to clients?

• Administrators

You can user your license on up to 5 machines. In order to use it on 200 PCs, you'd need to extend the license to that number of machines. I recall that a 5-user ESET PROTECT Entry allows installation on 1 file server for which you get a separate license with the ESET PROTECT Entry bundle.

To my best knowledge you can add an offline license key to the ESET PROTECT license manager and select it when creating an All-in-One installer. You can also set up the update server to point to your local mirror, however, we prefer using an http proxy if the machines have access to a machine connected to the Internet.

8 hours ago, Marcos said:

You can user your license on up to 5 machines. In order to use it on 200 PCs, you'd need to extend the license

what will happen if i use an offline license for lots of pcs ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Staff

@akram1987 Technically it can theoretically work. However, there are various methods to discover such behavior  as it is violating the terms of the license agreement, and is basically equal to theft. You are eligible to use the software on that many computers, as you have purchased it for. 

So to answer your question:

1. You can use that many endpoints as your license is issued for = 5 in your case.
  2. No, it is not legal. 
Edited by MichalJ