ESET Server Security & RDP File Copying

Hello, 

I started noticing that after installing ESET Server Security on my servers, that when copying files over RDP sometimes (depending on the file size) the operation will fail. I believe this may be because the security product is trying to scan the files in real-time as they are copied to the server, and the added latency might be breaking the copy/paste operation.

Has anyone else encountered this? Any advice regarding how to exclude the clipboard operation would be super helpful! 

Thanks in advance!

• Administrators

You can try temporarily pausing real-time protection or uninstalling ESET completely to find out if it really has an effect on the issue.

• Most Valued Members
19 hours ago, Pabs said:

Hello, 

I started noticing that after installing ESET Server Security on my servers, that when copying files over RDP sometimes (depending on the file size) the operation will fail. I believe this may be because the security product is trying to scan the files in real-time as they are copied to the server, and the added latency might be breaking the copy/paste operation.

Has anyone else encountered this? Any advice regarding how to exclude the clipboard operation would be super helpful! 

Thanks in advance!

Try to copy the files not all at once , little by little , if not possible , archive them and split the archive and try then

It always happen to me but I never suspected that it would be ESET , I thought before that RDP is just weak for transferring files so I had to split the files or take little by little, Works that way

Edited by Nightowl