OS X EEI agent deployment failure

We recently started deploying the EEI agent to OS X and Windows devices. So far no issues on the Windows side. However, we're seeing random failures on OS X. I have not identified any commonalities yet.

Where might I find installation logs for OS X or any other clues to determine what might be causing the agent installation failure?

I should add that all of these systems have the latest Protect agent installed and we rarely have issues deploying or upgrading agents from the ESET Protect console.

Well, it appears the installs are initially reporting as failed. Then after some time they report as successfully completed. I'm not sure why this is the case.

Regardless, it would still be good to know options for troubleshooting the OS X install.

• ESET Staff
10 hours ago, j-gray said:

Well, it appears the installs are initially reporting as failed. Then after some time they report as successfully completed. I'm not sure why this is the case.

Regardless, it would still be good to know options for troubleshooting the OS X install.

Could you please provide failure reason of such deployments in the console? In history of task execution, it should be visible in what step it failed - maybe it was installed correctly, but there was some activation issue.
Also note that EEI Agent might require some approval in the system (full disk access and maybe also approval of system extensions), which might also block it, until it is resolved locally or via Apple management solution.

8 hours ago, MartinK said:

Could you please provide failure reason of such deployments in the console? In history of task execution, it should be visible in what step it failed - maybe it was installed correctly, but there was some activation issue.
Also note that EEI Agent might require some approval in the system (full disk access and maybe also approval of system extensions), which might also block it, until it is resolved locally or via Apple management solution.

I ran another test just now on 12 systems. The task starts successfully. After one minute, they all report 'Failed'. After about 10 minutes, they all show finished successfully without any other intervention.

When they are in the failed state, they all reflect the following:

Progress Status: Failed

Last Progress Description: Failed

Trace Message: Task failed in the security product

We didn't realize the need to approve the EEI agent for Full Disk Access, so this has not yet been done. The user is not prompted, so we know there is no interaction with the end-user.