Eset Nod32 Av Update Not Digitally Signed

soulasassin

As of 5am i cant install eset updates as its reporting the updates have not been digitally signed. ive tried clearing the update cache and reinstalling eset entirely without success.  Im currently on update database 10238 and im using  version 7.0.317.4, on windows 8.1 pro. Any ideas anyone?

Identical problem here started this morning, 2 days into re trying the AV due to not updating on system start!

Clear cache and reboot on second attempt seems to have fixed it for now.

Was fine yesterday.

Edited by Wrogg

• Administrators

Could you please create a Wireshark log from a failing update? When done, compress it if needed, upload the archive to the safe location and pm me the download link. I've tested updating v7 here repeatedly and it worked like a charm.

Don't really have time to diagnose another update issue until the weekend, only problem is with Eset, system dates on both computers checked and correct.

Pc ethernet wired.

Laptop wireless

both through a virgin Superhub (netgear 480)

Nothing has changed or re- leased in the last four days, both PC's were fine yesterday.

Edited by Wrogg

• Administrators

Please somebody provide us with a Wireshark log or at least with the content of the C:\ProgramData\ESET\%ProductName%\Updfiles folder that are needed for diagnosing the issue. We were unable to reproduce the issue on our end so it seems that files are signed ok on the update servers but are modified somewhere on the way, likely by a proxy server.

Try going to C:\Program Files\Eset\updfiles and deleted all the update files and then try to manually perform the update again.

Or C:\ProgramData\ESET\%ProductName%\Updfiles

In addition try switching to Pre-release updates and then back to normal again to see if it fixes the issue.

I don't have this issue on multiple workstations so it appears to be isolated and locally.

Edited by Arakasi

• Administrators

Try going to C:\Program Files\Eset\updfiles and deleted all the update files and then try to manually perform the update again.

In addition try switching to Pre-release updates and then back to normal again to see if it fixes the issue.

Before you do that, please back up the files as they are vital for further diagnosis of the issue.

• ESET Moderators

Hello Wrogg,

pack contents of this folder C:\Program Files\Eset\updfiles and refuse the update for now.

Please upload the compressed folder to a safe location and send me a download link, we will check it immediately.

Could you please create a Wireshark log from a failing update? When done, compress it if needed, upload the archive to the safe location and pm me the download link. I've tested updating v7 here repeatedly and it worked like a charm.

Have the same problem as folks above. Have created a Wireshark capture. Will PM you with download location very soon.

The same error by me today. I will PM you the updatefiles.

Error also occurs on ESS Beta 8.

VSD: 10240

Edit: PM send!

Edited by rugk

• Administrators

It seems there was a problem with signing one of the update files. Versions older than 7.0.317 shouldn't have been affected. We thank you for your cooperation and apologize for the inconvenience.

Edit: Only v7.0.317+ versions with a specific version of the Rapid response module were affected.