ESET Internet Security erweiterte Einstellungen möchte Passwort (ESET Internet Security advanced setup asks for password)

Hallo

kann mir jemand etwas erklären ?

Habe mir einen ESET Internet Security 1 Year 1 Dev gekauft, um mein ESET zu verlängern, da es abgelaufen war.

Habe denk Key eingegeben der funktioniert auch, aber wenn ich jetzt in den erweiterten Einstellungen möchte verlangt ESET ein Passwort.

Warum ?

Das war vorher nicht so.

Das muss doch was mit dem Schlüssel zu tun haben und der mir den verkauft hat oder.

Aber was hat das auf sich ?

Machine translation:

Can someone explain something to me?
I bought an ESET Internet Security 1 Year 1 Dev to extend my ESET as it had expired. Have Denk Key entered that works too, but if I now want to be in the advanced settings, ESET requires a password.
Why ? That was not so before. That must have something to do with the key and who sold to me or.
But what does it have?

Edited by Marcos
Machine translation added

• Marcos changed the title to ESET Internet Security erweiterte Einstellungen möchte Passwort (ESET Internet Security advanced setup asks for password)
  • Administrators

First of all we kindly ask you to post in English since this is an English forum and most people here speak mainly English.

If a password is required to open the advanced setup, you must have set up password protection. There is no way to get it enabled automatically without user's knowledge. If you don't know the password, you are offered options that you have to reset it. Alternatively you can uninstall ESET in safe mode using the ESET Uninstall tool and install it from scratch.

I have not set up password protection.

I wrote that I bought the key, but not through ESET, but through https://www.gamivo.com/de If I uninstall and reinstall it and enter the key then a password has to be entered again for the advanced settings.

I am assuming that the seller buys a license key for an assumed 10 devices and then sold this key 10 times and created an account and then set a PW.

That's the only way I can somehow imagine it.

That is not allowed to resell a license for several devices, is it?

• Administrators

Entering any license key cannot cause enabling password protection to the advanced setup. Please uninstall ESET and install the latest version 15.0.16 from scratch.

6 hours ago, Lutschpuppe_XXL said:

I wrote that I bought the key, but not through ESET, but through https://www.gamivo.com/de If I uninstall and reinstall it and enter the key then a password has to be entered again for the advanced settings.

Where did you download the Eset installation from? This web site? If so, uninstall it. Then download the latest Eset version you are using from here: https://support.eset.com/en/kb2885-download-and-install-eset-offline-or-install-older-versions-of-eset-products . Then install this download.

If the Eset doesn't activate using the license key you purchased, you have been ripped off. Or worse, the Eset version you downloaded from the web site where purchased is actually malware.

Alter begreift hier eigentlich jemand das was ich schreibe ?

Ich ahbe ESET Internet Security instaliert und hatte auch einen schlüssel nun war ESET abgelaufen dazu brauche ich es nicht neu instalieren oder deinstalieren.

Ich besorge mir einen neuen Key in dem Fall bei Gamivo und gebe den ein was ja auch funktioniert.

Nur komme ich nicht in den erweiterteten Einstellungen rein.

Das möchte ich wissen warum.

Warum soll ich mir ESET besorgen

1 hour ago, Lutschpuppe_XXL said:

Alter begreift hier eigentlich jemand das was ich schreibe ?

Ich ahbe ESET Internet Security instaliert und hatte auch einen schlüssel nun war ESET abgelaufen dazu brauche ich es nicht neu instalieren oder deinstalieren.

Ich besorge mir einen neuen Key in dem Fall bei Gamivo und gebe den ein was ja auch funktioniert.

Nur komme ich nicht in den erweiterteten Einstellungen rein.

Das möchte ich wissen warum.

Warum soll ich mir ESET besorgen

Post in English since this is an English speaking forum. 

The only way to remove the current EIS password is to uninstall EIS. When you reinstall EIS, there will be no password set.

Edited by itman