Product for Android

If I have ESET Mobile Security installed on my Android. Should I be moving over to ESET Mobile Security & Antivirus?  I never rec'd anything about the name change but don't see Mobile Security listed anymore.  I have a mulit license for ESET Smart Security Premium. What I have installed is v6.* and I see this other is at v7.*.

• Administrators

ESET Mobile Security is the product for Android that ESET offers and that you should install. It also contains antivirus among other protection features.

• Marcos changed the title to Product for Android
6 hours ago, Marcos said:

ESET Mobile Security is the product for Android that ESET offers and that you should install. It also contains antivirus among other protection features.

So don't do anything?  Are there now two options for Android?  Sort of looks like they've updated it but mine didn't go to the new version.  I'm at 6.* and I see this other (slightly different name) is at 7.*.  

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, SBMongoos said:

So don't do anything?  Are there now two options for Android?  Sort of looks like they've updated it but mine didn't go to the new version.  I'm at 6.* and I see this other (slightly different name) is at 7.*.  

Not sure what you mean. There are 2 products for Android for home users: ESET Mobile Security and ESET Parental Control. The latest version of EMS is 7.1.9. You can update it manually via Google Play to v7 or wait a bit until it updates automatically.

26 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Not sure what you mean. There are 2 products for Android for home users: ESET Mobile Security and ESET Parental Control. The latest version of EMS is 7.1.9. You can update it manually via Google Play to v7 or wait a bit until it updates automatically.

Apparently my phone, which I use all the time, hasn't updated to the newest version yet. I see my tablet did, which I rarely use. All are tied to the same ESET account.

I don't see an update option yet. I'm guessing if I install it I'll then have two different versions on my phone.  ??

Edited by SBMongoos

• Most Valued Members
49 minutes ago, SBMongoos said:

If there are 2 options I wonder if one is an old one no longer supported. Going to the play store I see mobile security and antivirus but not one without antivirus. 

I'd recommend trying to download the new one and if it installs 2 uninstalling the old one.

Bummer, which means I need to completely set this up again on the phone. Test the Anti-theft, etc.

So I did unstill the other one and now I have two with the same name installed. Different ver however. What the heck?

Edited by SBMongoos

25 minutes ago, SBMongoos said:

Bummer, which means I need to completely set this up again on the phone. Test the Anti-theft, etc.

So I did unstill the other one and now I have two with the same name installed. Different ver however. What the heck?

Meant to say: So I did install the other one and now I have two with the same name installed. Different ver however. What the heck?  

I do have the ESET Pwd mngr installed as well along with ESET SMS Tool.

Edited by SBMongoos

• Administrators

Google Play allows only one version of a particular application to be installed. After installation the "Install" button is removed and "Update" is displayed instead if an update is available. It could be helpful if you could post a screenshot of ESET applications in Google Play for clarification.

Well, this app should have updated correctly as it did on my tablet.  I've removed ESET Pwd Mngr and Mobile Security. Shut down my phone and even cleared the cache partition (S21 Ultra). I go back to install ESET Mobile Security & Antivirus and do so. Login to my account but it shows as a trial instead. And it also shows the app as Eset Mobile Security. Makes no sense and I have had some issues with ESET apps on Android. The version is Eset Mobile Security 7.1.9.0. When I login to MyEset it shows the name as S21 and not S21 Ultra as I named it in the new version.  I had removed it previously in MyEset befor this install.  If I try to update this app it says "we're sorry we have some technical issues on our servers. Please try again later. (0)."   I have paid for ESET Smart Security Premium.

Edited by SBMongoos

I think I may be good. I added my lic # to Eset Mobile Security and the name does now show as S21 Ultra in MyEset. It does show as Eset Security on my phone but when I open it, it says Eset Mobile Security, version 7.1.9.0. So not sure if I'm all good now for sure or not. Apparently.

1. Do I need the ESET SMS Tool yet?
  2. I thought there was a feature to scan my network.
Edited by SBMongoos