ESET Secure App - QR Code

I'm trying to enrol a new phone into using the Secure App (worked fine on my old phone), but it says the only way I can do this is to scan a QR code to add an account.  Where the hell can you generate a QR code to do this???  I've searched both the 'Cloud' and 'Business' sites and there is nothing there that I can click to give me this link/code.  If anyone knows how to do this, it would be much appreciated!

• ESET Staff

Hi,

you can do so by resetting your 2FA by doing following:

Reset two-factor authentication

If a user loses the mobile device he or she used to authenticate with and needs to set up 2FA again, a user who has write permission for Company access can reset the 2FA settings as follows:

1.In the EBA portal, click User management.

2.Click the particular user, and then click Edit.

3.Next to Reset Two-Factor Authentication, click Reset.

you can find it in following link.

Ingemar

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the same issue. However, there is no "Reset" option available to me. How can I reset this for myself?

On 10/26/2021 at 12:30 PM, IggyPop said:

Hi,

you can do so by resetting your 2FA by doing following:

Reset two-factor authentication

If a user loses the mobile device he or she used to authenticate with and needs to set up 2FA again, a user who has write permission for Company access can reset the 2FA settings as follows:

1.In the EBA portal, click User management.

2.Click the particular user, and then click Edit.

3.Next to Reset Two-Factor Authentication, click Reset.

you can find it in following link.

Ingemar

• ESET Staff

Hi,

For yourself if you are the admin you I would recommend to contact the support and they will have to do it for you as there is no option at the moment to reset your own 2FA if you are the admin. We marked this as an improvement for the team to look into this issue.

Edited by IggyPop