Startup Scan in Progress Runs Constantlty

GlennF

How do I stop this. I'm still on Windows 7

ESET Endpoint Antivirus 8.0.2444.0
Startup Scan in Progress

The icon in the desktop tray spins all the time when my  PC is on and slowing it down BIGTIME.

If this can't be stopped I'm going to delete ESET and use some other antivirus software!

• Administrators

First of all please try uninstalling ESET Endpoint Antivirus and installing the latest version 8.1.2037 from scratch. Does the problem persist? A startup scan is run automatically after logon and update but should not take long, e.g. 1-2 minutes at most.

I clicked the Update button in the ESET ANTIVIRUS interface and now if I hover over eset icon in the tray it says...

ESET Endpoint Antivirus 8.0.2444.0
Startup Scan in Progress
Product Update In Progress...

Will this update it?

I tried to so it in the ESET interface by clicking Update in the main program window and then click Check for updates. But still shows version 8.0.2044.0

Please Advise

• Administrators

In order to update Endpoint to v8.1, you must download the installer from the web and install it or wait a bit until upgrade to v8.1 is offered. This make take 2 weeks or more. As to what version you should download, most likely you are using a 64-bit version of Windows so that's the version you should select on the download page.

image.png

OK. Yes 64 bit is what I need. Does the installer seamlessly take care of removing 8.0.2044.0 and installing 8.1?

Also, do I need to give it a license key?